Cosworth Put Up For Sale

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Petroltorque

Re: Cosworth Put Up For Sale

Richards is not someone who fills me confidence. His record in F1 hardly instills confidence. I'm not sure how much investment he'd put into the racing side, granted there would be business to business synergies on the road car side.

Cold Fussion

His lmp1 project was a farce and a half.

Petroltorque

TaTa seem to be making a serious play for Cosworth and they definitely have the deep pockets.

ScottB

Petroltorque wrote:TaTa seem to be making a serious play for Cosworth and they definitely have the deep pockets.
TATA could be an interesting one, they have the cash as you say, they want to build their brand / credibility globally, F1 is also now very visible in India...

Would they want in as an engine supplier? Supplying HRT and presumably Marussia isn't likely to achieve the credibility they'd be seeking. Perhaps buy the no doubt cash strapped Force India team too? I suppose they also have the Jaguar brand kicking around too at their disposal...

cossie

never really know how much Cosworth was given up, due to beiing with the backmakers, and yes Williams troubles were not just due to cosworth, most of the selling is due to Kevin Kalkhoven his Indy team ios being run on fumes and lotus screwing him, which served him riaght, now he's cut back on the # of cars he's running next year, believe me Gerry Forsythe is happy he's done dealing with KK after Kk screwed him and was the one behind the so callled merger, hope KK falls thru the ice when he's with the penquins