Will Fernando leave if Ferrari does not win in 2013?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Cylinder

Re: Will Fernando leave if Ferrari does not win in 2013?

Alonso is likely to go nowhere, there is a route back to Mclaren for him, infact I think they would welcome him back with open arms if Dennis allowed it.

But he is very very very happy at Ferrari, he is basically the number 2 guy after Luca Di Montezemolo and the key here is, Luca LOVES alonso and will do whatever it takes to make him feel comfortable.

Ferrari is more than a team for Alonso, it's his family and the team has one single goal ''get him his 3rd title''.

It would take something pretty drastic for him to leave, hopefully Domenicali gets the boot long before Alonso calls it a day/

raymondu999

I agree with everything you said, but...
Cylinder wrote:Luca LOVES alonso and will do whatever it takes to make him feel comfortable.
Is this true? I don't necessarily agree.

http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2012/10/f ... thers-him/
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Cylinder

raymondu999 wrote:I agree with everything you said, but...
Cylinder wrote:Luca LOVES alonso and will do whatever it takes to make him feel comfortable.
Is this true? I don't necessarily agree.

http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2012/10/f ... thers-him/
Have you ever seen Luca around Alonso?

Go see the videos, its embarrassing, he basically stalks Alonso around the garage 24/7 talking to him and making sure he is ready, he's one the biggest Alonso fans in the world, and he's always gushing over him in the media, I think a few weeks ago he said Alonso is the strongest driver he's ever seen.

He Loves Alonso, and thats why Alonso has pull inside ferrari.

raymondu999

I have seen him - and of course he has to do that on TV. Except whenever I'm in the paddock I never see them together.

Anyhow, here's a piece which I read a while back and completely agree with. note: I'm not thejudge13, and I am completely independent of the blog: http://thejudge13.com/2012/10/30/alonso ... t-ferrari/
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Cylinder

raymondu999 wrote:I have seen him - and of course he has to do that on TV. Except whenever I'm in the paddock I never see them together.

Anyhow, here's a piece which I read a while back and completely agree with. note: I'm not thejudge13, and I am completely independent of the blog: http://thejudge13.com/2012/10/30/alonso ... t-ferrari/
I dont go by pieces. I go by Luca Di Montezemolo calling him the strongest driver he's ever seen, doing everything in his utmost power to bring alonso to ferrari in 2010 and get raikonnen out (which is why they have a bond btw) and then seeing Luca around Alonso like a love sick puppy following his every move.

Luca is a bigger Alonso fan than I am :lol: No question about it.

You have your opinion though.

McMrocks

I think the question if Alonso leaves Ferrari if he does not win in 2013 can't be answered by us. It is Alonso's decision.

I guess he will think about a leave if he does not win, because he don't wants to be always second. But to which team shall he move? First idea, Vettel moves to Ferrari and Alonso to RB. But that seems unrealistic. To Mercedes? Maybe but there he has to drive against Lewis. Moving to McLaren? We don't know how good he is with Dennis and Whitmarsh.

It is a tricky question. But we'll see 8) . Don't stop speculating. The winter break is going to be loooong.

raymondu999

Cylinder wrote:You have your opinion though.
Yep. No point arguing about it. Let's agree to disagree.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Nando

It´s a bit like your boss if he owns the company. He´s gonna be your best friend because he´s making money off you (i.e. he needs you)

Don´t get fooled by all the visual stuff, it´s all superficial.
Sure he thinks Alonso is the best, we all do really and have been doing for a couple of years.
Even me as a huge Hamilton fan can´t deny Alonso being the absolute best right now.

But wait until Alonso moves out of his prime. Don´t expect Luca to sit around babying him.
He will start looking around for the next Schumi/Alonso/Kimi and cash you out when you are finito.
"Il Phenomeno" - The one they fear the most!

"2% of the world's population own 50% of the world's wealth."

raymondu999

Nando wrote:But wait until Alonso moves out of his prime. Don´t expect Luca to sit around babying him. He will start looking around for the next Schumi/Alonso/Kimi and cash you out when you are finito.
Hence my Schumacher 06 reference.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法