Rate the F1 2012 Season

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.

Rate the F1 2012 Season

1%
No votes
No votes
No votes
1%
4%
12%
23%
32%
26%

Total votes: 81

jamsbong

Re: Rate the F1 2012 Season

On a side note, I've just finished watching the FIA 2010 F1 season review. I must admit that the 2010 season was equally dramatic in its own ways.
In the end, there small differences between the 4 contenders. All of them made mistakes, all of them had their ups and downs. That's why after Brazil, everyone still closely match on the points standings. Finally, on hindsight, Ferrari's poor strategy call in Abu Dhabi has to be the biggest FAIL of the season.

Seems to me that Webber was very strong throughout most of the season. He was never the #2 driver eventhough he had the media believe that is the case. Quite the opposite to Massa approach. In the end, I felt Mark just was not able to raise his level to match others near the end of the season when it was crucial that he did.

None of the drivers in 2010 were as hardcore as Vettel, Alonso, and Kimi were in 2012.
Based on the end of 2012 driver form. I would say Kimi, Vettel, and Alonso can win 2013 with the sufficiently fast car i.e. they don't have to have THE fastest car to get the job done.

clipsy1H

Re: Rate the F1 2012 Season

1. What was the best Race ?
2. Who was the best Driver/Team?
3. Your best Moment
4. The Best Overtake
5. Worst Team/Driver
6. When was there a "table reversal" ? ( WDC)
7. How did the Pirelli tyres and the DRS behaved during all the season
8. What are your hopes for 2013?

1. Brazil
2. Vettel / Redbull
3. Schumi pole in Monaco
4. Kimi to Schumacher in Brazil (at spa Michael was on old tires ... he can't carry speed so that's why Kimi past him )
5. Team: Mercedes. Driver: Gorsjean.
6. SPA
7. DRS was good (sometimes) but tires.... ](*,)
8. Grosjean and Pic to score more points.