"Gracious" Schumacher

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Cam

Re: "Gracious" Schumacher

Nando wrote:
Cam wrote:You're flogging a dead horse Nando and it's not a good reflection as most of the time I like what you say. You're singling one driver out when all are guilty. Come to peace with it and lets move on to 2013.
I have accepted Vettel won, that´s ok.
That´s not my focus as you can see. It´s just not Formula One to me, it´s just not racing to me. It´s pure politics.

And thanks i like what you have to say as well,
Unfortunately we see similar happenings in horse racing, cycling, touring cars, in fact almost (I'd guess every sport) where a human has control of the outcome. It's part of sport and yes, it can be frustrating - especially when your hero is on the tail end of it. It's important to remember there is no 'spirit of the rules' - there is just rules and how you can best use them to your advantage.

Alonso in the German GP in 2010 was a great example. There were rules stating no team orders, which Ferrari broke and were subsequently penalised. Now if Massa had just come to that conclusion himself and let Alonso through without any radio, that would have been ok - not in the spirit (there is no spirit), but in the rules. There is the clear distinction and something most posters on this thread are ignoring. And yes, it's been happening in F1 as long as I can recall, it is part of the sport.
“There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance.”
― Socrates
Ignorance is a state of being uninformed. Ignorant describes a person in the state of being unaware
who deliberately ignores or disregards important information or facts. © all rights reserved.

CMSMJ1
CMSMJ1

I said "Give it a rest" earlier on... :shock:

Mainly as it was as obvious as the balls on a dog that this thread would become a load of fanboyism. :wtf:

I know it is winter but we're going to all go mad for the next 60 days til the cars get launched. While we go mad, can we be nice to each other with it :?: ...or perhaps.. :idea: *hold on to your hats* :!: - Let's discuss something technical, empirical..not a matter of our own opinion? :mrgreen:

=D>

As you were.. :D
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

GrizzleBoy
GrizzleBoy

11 teams have to race against 22 other cars.

1 team has to race against 20 other cars.

Fair? Obviously not, but at least they're not high performance wing men.

If the Toro Rosso cars were regular top six/seven cars on race weekends, it would be a huge deal imo.

LionKing
LionKing

Edit: Not worth it...

CHT
CHT

I actually thought most drivers are very gracious to both Alonso and vettel throughout the Brazilian race. Not just Schumacher. Having said that, I wonder why TS is not commenting or comparing this to the graciousness of Massa towards alonso?

flynfrog

When I was working for an Indy team we had an issue with the car in the opening laps and were a few laps down as the last race of the season was closing with the championship still in the air with the leaders catching us. We pulled the car into the pits to avoid crashing into an obviously faster car and effecting the championship.