2013 Testing - Barcelona 1: 19 - 22 Feb

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
CjC
CjC

Re: 2013 Testing - Barcelona 1: 19 - 28 Feb

If Renault are using a clever engine map and it is deemed illegal by the FIA then it'll take them a couple of races to ban it by which time red bull and lotus will have built up a healthy lead in the championships, great if you are one of their fans, spoilt season if you are not
Just a fan's point of view

khaliweed

well, so Its HAM/ROS/HAM/ROS for mercedes. with the weather looking like
Thursday Morning - Dry, Afternoon - Rain
Friday - Rain all day
Sat - Dry all day
Sun - Dry all day

FemiA

CjC wrote:If Renault are using a clever engine map and it is deemed illegal by the FIA then it'll take them a couple of races to ban it by which time red bull and lotus will have built up a healthy lead in the championships, great if you are one of their fans, spoilt season if you are not
I don't think that will be the case this time around, the FIA is already telling it is illegal...

Neno

FemiA wrote:
CjC wrote:If Renault are using a clever engine map and it is deemed illegal by the FIA then it'll take them a couple of races to ban it by which time red bull and lotus will have built up a healthy lead in the championships, great if you are one of their fans, spoilt season if you are not
I don't think that will be the case this time around, the FIA is already telling it is illegal...
where did FIA confirmed Lotus and Red Bull using illegal maps or clever engine map? I didnt see any offical report by FIA, as it was with Caterham and Williams exaust.

Vasconia

Ready to see some interesting developments in the cars which are going to be very similar to the ones we will see in Australia. Lets see what Williams and Caterham do with their exhaust systems, moreover it will be interesting to see how real are the rumours about the ilegal use of engime maping by RB and Lotus.

Juzh

"Lotus: Engine map ruling won't slow us down"

@ http://www.thef1times.com/news/display/07288

Some strong words there from Allison.

diego.liv

Last week we saw lots of (fast lap+long 3-4 slower run)s and my question is: is the driver really really able to slow down that 3 to 4 secs from the fast lap and the next slow lap (opening the long run) or the team tell the driver to manage with the steering wheel, to adjust some parameters so that the driver would push as usual but the engine power is limited and so?

atanatizante

Re: 2013 Testing - Barcelona 1: 19 - 22 Feb

"I don`t have all the answers. Try Google!"
Jesus