2013 Testing - Barcelona 2: 28 Feb - 3 Mar

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
iotar__

Re: 2013 Testing - Barcelona 2: 28 Feb - 3 Mar

Two rainy days:
Massa/Alonso
Grosjean/Grosjean
Bottas/Maldonado
Hamilton/Rosberg
Webber/Vettel
Perez/Button

Spot the odd one. For a team that likes to pretend to be a "pure racing" one Lotus do play a lot of politics. Everyone else was able to correct their line up according to weather but not them. Looks like they starting as they finished last season, shooting themselves in the foot.

Any explanation from their tweeter for morons (their target audience no doubt)?

xDama

Ow indeed, a lot of politics in that team! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

You don't know what they are doing/testing/developing, so your assumptions are pretty much BS. And it's no secret that Raikkonen is P1 in the team.
"I race to win, and if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver." - Ayrton Senna

Rikhart

iotar__ wrote:Two rainy days:
Massa/Alonso
Grosjean/Grosjean
Bottas/Maldonado
Hamilton/Rosberg
Webber/Vettel
Perez/Button

Spot the odd one. For a team that likes to pretend to be a "pure racing" one Lotus do play a lot of politics. Everyone else was able to correct their line up according to weather but not them. Looks like they starting as they finished last season, shooting themselves in the foot.

Do you realise so far Raikkonen has around 100 laps less in the dry than grosjean? So I dont see what your problem is.

astracrazy

iotar__ wrote:

brush up on your facts before you make stupid comments. Kimi has had the most reliability problems, so he needs dry running. Actually, they have corrected there line up according to the weather. Shooting themselves in the foot would be Kimi losing another day because of wet wether

ChrisF1

Been dry for a while now, it is cold and windy but not rainy.

Ferraripilot

Not an overly quick heavy fuel stint from Nico, in the 1:30s, but it's difficult to say with it being so cold.

Lotus/Grosjean just banged a 1:22.716.

Guisson

What are the tyres used by the Top 3 ?
The task is,not so much to see what no one has yet seenbut to think what nobody has yet thought, about that which everybody sees. Erwin Schrödinger

Ferraripilot

Red Bull just completed a 3 lap stint on mediums about 6 minutes ago. 1:24.743 was the quickest lap.

Grosjean was on softs, and he's done 7 laps so far. The tires fell apart very quickly.

Button on mediums at the moment and he started with a 1:23.181 and is working on his 3rd lap at the moment. tires looking good.

nico is back out, not sure of the tires though.

Ferraripilot

Comparing Mclaren's medium compound tire runs to Red Bull's, their tire degredation appears to be about the same. Lap times are also similar but I cannot conjecture their loads obviously, just tire wear.

Ferrari are back out.

f1316

It is quite frustrating to listen to the "experts" on Sky talk about how Ferrari have no updates on the car and yet we can all see a fairly significant exhaust revision.

Ever was it thus, I suppose...

CjC
CjC

f1316 wrote:It is quite frustrating to listen to the "experts" on Sky talk about how Ferrari have no updates on the car and yet we can all see a fairly significant exhaust revision.

Yea i've noticed the Ferrari exhaust, looks substantial.
Have Mercedes got anew rear side pod/ exhaust layout?
Sam Michael says mclaren are putting new bits on now.
Also heard that Red Bull are or have been running a DRD?
Just a fan's point of view

dren

CjC wrote:
f1316 wrote:It is quite frustrating to listen to the "experts" on Sky talk about how Ferrari have no updates on the car and yet we can all see a fairly significant exhaust revision.

Yea i've noticed the Ferrari exhaust, looks substantial.
Have Mercedes got anew rear side pod/ exhaust layout?
Sam Michael says mclaren are putting new bits on now.
Also heard that Red Bull are or have been running a DRD?
Yes, Red Bull is running a slick DRD. The Merc brought back the monkey seat and relocated the front transmitters/cameras or whatever they are.

I look for most major updates to show up tomorrow on the cars.
Honda!

f1316

I'm not sure how the times stack up to last week's (I suspect not as good considering dampish, "green" track") but Alonso's race sim looks very consistent. No signs of these major tyre issues they were reported to have.

CjC
CjC

I know it sounds like I'm splitting hairs here but Alonso's race sim isnt quite a real race sim because he ran his first stint on the hards, I'd imagine he wouldn't have qualified with the hards, more likely on the softs, so you'd imagine he'll have better deg with the hards, so a 'faster(?)' race sim. I know the softs would have been initally quicker but they have massive deg compared to the hards and I hear that doing 20 laps on the hards with these current tyres is faster overall than doing a 20 lap stin with the softs

I'm sure Ferrari know what they are doing and are getting the answers they want.

Its just an observation of mine
Just a fan's point of view

stefan_

Standings after day 2
via James Robinson ‏@JamesRobinsonF1
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985