Honda returns to F1 in 2015

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Hail22

Re: Honda returns to F1 in 2015

Like a woman in a beautiful sleek dress:

http://top1walls.com/walls/sports/formu ... 40x900.jpg

It'll be very interesting whether Mclaren will have Honda as a title sponsor as well as an engine supplier, what do you guys think of the possibilities of that being a reality?
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

xpensive

Though I know it means a lot to GB and others, McLaren-Honda never ringed a bell with me, but say McLaren-TAG, oh mama.

The first modern Formula one car really;

"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

GitanesBlondes

I'm rather curious as to what sort of paint scheme McLaren is going to opt for in 2015.

I could see Ron spinning a great tale to Philip Morris about how they should end that Ferrari deal and do one with McLaren so they could paint the cars in the the day-glo white and fluorescent red paint scheme.

Whatever one wants to think, the Marlboro-McLaren livery is one of the all-time greats in racing history.
"I don't want to make friends with anybody. I don't give a sh*t for fame. I just want to win." -Nelson Piquet

mikeerfol

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/112445
Honda says it is on course to have its new Formula 1 facility in Milton Keynes fully up and running by June.

The Japanese car manufacturer is returning to F1 as an exclusive partner to McLaren in 2015, with hopes that their reunion can deliver the kind of title success that they enjoyed in the past.

In an update of its motorsport plans that were issued on Friday, Honda said that work was progressing well on ramping up its operations.

As well as having the UK dyno and assembly facilities ready in June, Honda has already relocated its motorsport engine operations in Japan.

A new facility in Sakura City, Tochigi, will now be the central area of its F1 development programme.

Although there were no specific details about the state of readiness of its new V6 turbo engine, Honda indicated that work was moving on, saying: "The company is making steady progress in developing the power unit."