F1Technical Fantasy League 2013

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
est1984

Re: F1Technical Fantasy League 2013

Force Punjab :wtf:

Gridlock

I'd like to thank Mr Whitmarsh for encouraging me to use my one transfer to get JB out and Mr Hamilton in.

Plus I have 3 mill in the bank now, but am stuck with Williams engine...

mx_tifoso

My Caterham Renault engine probably won't be doing me any favors. :(
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

Gridlock

mx_tifoso wrote:My Caterham Renault engine probably won't be doing me any favors. :(
Yeah but that probably means you have a skinny blonde German in your team...

mx_tifoso

Maybe....

And by the looks of it I think one of my bets just might pull through (three specific drivers on the podium).

garygph

done..garygph.. what happened to Williams and McLaren today!!?? Caught me out properly

Redragon

When the league update the results?

hollus

Now!
The results are in.
Rivals, not enemies.

stefan_

I did better than I expected for the first race.
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

garygph

Well that added some fun to the race! Bit curious now about how they decide for the betting side of things what qualifies as rain? I do not think the cameras were getting covered by other drivers sweat :lol: , albeit very light rain it was rain. Of course it is obvious that I bet there would be some rain so I am biased :) But I think for the future it would be better if they made it clear as to when they classify rain as rain..sounds silly but maybe they need to specify that it will only happen if the teams put on the inters or wets but if they can all cope with slicks then it is not. What thoughts?

Miguel

I don't know what happened with the system, but I'm really disappointed. I made my team and joined the F1T league. What was my surprise when I found out I had no team, no nothing. Oh well, another year.
I am not amazed by F1 cars in Monaco. I want to see them driving in the A8 highway: Variable radius corners, negative banking, and extreme narrowings that Tilke has never dreamed off. Oh, yes, and "beautiful" weather tops it all.

"Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future." Niels Bohr

mx_tifoso

Miguel, maybe you didn't save your team? I did that same thing a few times until I finally saw the save button. Pero haz el equipo ahora para poder participar en Malasia! :)

Gridlock

It's free, but it is a bit... wobbly. The "rain" and "new driver" bets are both ambiguous and should arguably have been paid, the count of overtakes can be a bit hit and miss, etc. But it's free :)

Thank you very much Kimi, Seb and Fernando though... 16/1 :D

This week's change: Sauber out, FI in - The Other Nico better not make me regret this...

Gridlock

Inspired by certain current F1 teams, I have launched a second team named 'griglia di blocco' which is like, totally separate and independent of Gridlock and definitely won't pull over to let me past or run strategies designed to confound Gridlock's rivals :D

(I wanted to try a different strategy so registered another team, will pull it out of F1T subleague if anyone complains ;) )

stefan_

griglia di blocco team radio: "OK so... Gridlock is faster than you, can you confirm you understood that message?"
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985