F1Technical Fantasy League 2013

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Gridlock

Re: F1Technical Fantasy League 2013

Yeah, there's not much trading. I'm 7th in our SL I think (I have Kimi and Hamilton) yet I can't change anything, it's going to be months before I can trade my Sauber engine in.

That's despite winning on the 16/1 podium bet in the first race and winning at least one bet every other.

seventhsin

Maybe for next year there is a better League? There seems little, actually no effort to change the bets round to round.

I however, am doing poorly and pretty proud of it! Is there a 'wooden spoon' award?

Gridlock

5 races in a row I've bet on the Safety Car... :x

I also bet on a new driver scoring points - GUT made up 7 seconds in 4 laps on RIC in 10th but then couldn't get past. At least it livens the race up - I've never watched the graphics so closely.

McLaren are nice and cheap. I've scrimped and saved and now have Kimi, Lewis and McLaren. And both Williams drivers and a Caterham engine, but still...
Last edited by Gridlock on 12 May 2013, 20:45, edited 1 time in total.

Maelstrom
Maelstrom

I thought it was a nice and safe bet when I bet on Hamilton beating Button. After Quali I was berating myself for not doubling my bet... needless to say that's money i'll never see again.

I think I might not bet any more.

TheKillingDoll
TheKillingDoll

It seems most changes are going to be through money earned from betting rather than any other form of income.

Pleased that I bagged Alonso to win, and took a small punt on the Alonso, Vettel and Kimi on the podium, but as usual Massa messed up (just for me though).

Gridlock

I'm sending this guy to Monaco. Can't take another loss on the safety car bet.

If McLaren do their usual improvement, and Mercedes don't pull a BMW and limit their 2013 budget, and Red Bull don't walk away with the rest of the season I quite like my HAM/RAI/McLaren lineup right now. Still got 2 bloody Williams drivers to deal with though.

Darknight
Darknight

YAY!!!! I got most imporved in the F1 Technical Sub League :)))))))))))))))

MOWOG

I have two questions about betting in this year's Fantasy League:

1. When is the cutoff date/time to place bets?

2. What exactly does it mean "rain during the race". Is that a few drops on camera lens anytime during the event? Or does it mean that at least one car takes to the track on intermediate wet tires? Or does it mean that Charlie Whiting requires all the teams to run full wets?

Sure, I understand that second question has multiple parts, but I'm a retired attorney. We are trained to do things that way. So sue me! :lol:
Some men go crazy; some men go slow. Some men go just where they want; some men never go.

Gridlock

Yeah, you won't get too far trying to lawyer the bets - for instance is Sutil a new driver?

Based on the payout I got for a wet race at Malaysia, it's the use of intermediates by anyone. The bets don't change, so odds for a safety car at Monaco were the same as elsewhere. You can imagine I'm putting money on it again for Montreal..

Cutoff is same as Lockdown, I imagine, timer top right.

Here's how I'm looking, with not much money in the bank for any changes soon.

MOWOG

Thanks, gridlock. I asked about bets because I was precluded by the server from placing my bets even though the lock down had not yet started. That surprised me and confused me. I can's seem to find any mention of a different cut off time in the game rules.

By and large, the operators of this game get high marks for posting the results and updating points quickly after each race. \:D/ But they get low marks for making it virtually impossible to accumulate enough money to make any significant changes. :cry: And having the same bets race in and race out is tedious.

Personally, I am drawn to the "Raikkonen/Alonso/Vettel on the podium in any order" bet because the 16-1 odds are just too delicious to pass up. Since all three are WDC drivers, I could happen...... [-o< Then I could finally get rid of my crappy Marussia engine and move all the way up to the Williams lump, or maybe STR! :shock: But no, it is too much to hope for. #-o
Some men go crazy; some men go slow. Some men go just where they want; some men never go.

Gridlock

I had that podium bet for Melbourne, it got paid and I'm not going back for more ;)

SiLo

Thankful for my Webber + Rosberg switch before Silverstone!
Felipe Baby!

hollus

I got money from the bets for a new driver scoring a point. Now I feel like I have dirty money in my hands! Did anybody else have the same "problem"?
Rivals, not enemies.

Gridlock

For posterity...

Congrats Miata... What does it feel like to win in a proper car? :P