Tell Red Bull how you feel about their Drivers

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
wesley123

Re: Tell Red Bull how you feel about their Drivers

theblackangus wrote: EA did finally act didn't they? - Shows someone was listening. I didn't say it was quick, but it proves someone was listening and something was done. You asked for an example of someone listening, then you don't want to listen to that example... Classic =) For what its worth I haven't bought/played an EA game since 2007. Talking with my money actually worked out there didn't it?
The true test with EA is will they just fall back to their old pattern, but I digress. But there is surely 1 CEO who knows his company did listen.
There is a lot of difference between actually listening and just acting through a huge amount of outcry which is hampering your sales, and thus income.

If they did listen, they sure would fix the problem huh? Can you please explain to me how sacking a CEO, who has nothing to do with the games in any way, is listening to the community?
wesley123 wrote: The suggestion that people actually believe that their opinions matter is even worse in my eyes than the company just taking your complaint to the shredder.
If your option doesn't matter to anyone then why are you sharing it here? Your statement seems a bit hypocritical as it IS your opinion.
Because you arent a company. How hard is it to figure out that companies dont give a crap about your opinion. They only give a damn about how many times their crap gets sold, and with that nobody within the company cares if you liked it or not, unless it is hampering your sales.
Bullies tell people they don't matter, and their opinion isn't worth anything... a good person only grows from understanding others opinions and views. Companies are the same way.
Nope.

Companies grow in a way that they try to make the least effort and still make sure the people buy it. And the fact that people see a free meal, or firing a person nowhere related to the problem as a fix to the problem just shows how stupid humanity actually is.

Oh and before you ask, yes I had a bad day
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

xxChrisxx

theblackangus wrote:Bullies tell people they don't matter, and their opinion isn't worth anything... a good person only grows from understanding others opinions and views. Companies are the same way.
That is a nice, but naive, sentiment.

Companies, at the end of the day, care about one thing and one thing only. Profits. Everything they do is geared to generating revenue and profit. Red Bull are more than likely loving this. Controversy = coverage = free marketing.

I mean look at it, it's been all over the news, it's hard articles written on media outlets, it's got this fine thread. All of which wouldn't have occured.

You may be shocked and outraged by this, but in the grand scheme of things what happened doesn't even rank the scandalometer.
theblackangus wrote: http://energydrink.redbull.com/contact
I know I did today.
=)
Cheers everyone!
This is not having a go, and I don't think anyone has asked nicely. What exactly did you expect to acheive by this?

Richard

The EA example was probably a response to falling sales. As theblackangus points out, EA ignored opinion as they exploited their brand for short term profit. That exploitation devalued the brand and damaged sales. By then it was too late.

The MacDonalds example is different because it is a firm driven by a mass of data including complaints. Coca Cola is another mega-corp that has learnt that consumer feedback is a barometer of future sales.

These data driven companies use complaints as one of their performance indicators. They know that customer loyalty drives their profits, that's why their marketing is driven by on emotions & lifestyle.

However I suspect Red Bull isn't a data driven company, they'll take whatever hits necessary to get their hands on the WCC and WDC. Sport is like that, we don't care about the negatives as long as the team is winning. As soon as they stop winning then mood flips. That's when managers are sacked, but not while they're winning.

theblackangus

xxChrisxx wrote:
I know I did today.
=)
Cheers everyone!
This is not having a go, and I don't think anyone has asked nicely. What exactly did you expect to acheive by this?
Originally it was a hope that people would have an outlet to express their frustration in a constructive manner rather than quibble on the forums about who did what to who.

However I do find the side conversation that has popped up interesting....

SilverArrow

richard_leeds wrote:The EA example was probably a response to falling sales. As theblackangus points out, EA ignored opinion as they exploited their brand for short term profit. That exploitation devalued the brand and damaged sales. By then it was too late.

The MacDonalds example is different because it is a firm driven by a mass of data including complaints. Coca Cola is another mega-corp that has learnt that consumer feedback is a barometer of future sales.

These data driven companies use complaints as one of their performance indicators. They know that customer loyalty drives their profits, that's why their marketing is driven by on emotions & lifestyle.

However I suspect Red Bull isn't a data driven company, they'll take whatever hits necessary to get their hands on the WCC and WDC. Sport is like that, we don't care about the negatives as long as the team is winning. As soon as they stop winning then mood flips. That's when managers are sacked, but not while they're winning.
Agree with everything except your last paragraph.

SilverArrow

xxChrisxx wrote:
theblackangus wrote:Bullies tell people they don't matter, and their opinion isn't worth anything... a good person only grows from understanding others opinions and views. Companies are the same way.
That is a nice, but naive, sentiment.

Companies, at the end of the day, care about one thing and one thing only. Profits. Everything they do is geared to generating revenue and profit. Red Bull are more than likely loving this. Controversy = coverage = free marketing.

I mean look at it, it's been all over the news, it's hard articles written on media outlets, it's got this fine thread. All of which wouldn't have occured.

You may be shocked and outraged by this, but in the grand scheme of things what happened doesn't even rank the scandalometer.
I know I did today.
=)
Cheers everyone!
And where exactly do you think that profit comes from? Although "thinking" may not be considered cool anymore, we have not (yet) succumbed to blind consumption (everywhere) in this world. Hence companies do care what people think, as it has a direct impact on their image and brand power.

You're confusing controversy in a sport with controversy within a company. What happened in Malaysia might not hurt Red Bull Racing, but it definitely has an impact, however small, on Red Bull as a drinks company.

mx_tifoso

Racing is racing. Whether I am to buy a RedBull drink isn't influenced by their actions on the track. At least that's my opinion.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

bhall

mx_tifoso wrote:Racing is racing. Whether I am to buy a RedBull drink isn't influenced by their actions on the track. At least that's my opinion.
Its taste doesn't do it any favors in my opinion. To be a palatable drink, the alcohol/Red Bull ratio has to be at least 12-13:1.

Cam

bhallg2k wrote:
mx_tifoso wrote:Racing is racing. Whether I am to buy a RedBull drink isn't influenced by their actions on the track. At least that's my opinion.
Its taste doesn't do it any favors in my opinion. To be a palatable drink, the alcohol/Red Bull ratio has to be at least 12-13:1.
Amazing - that's the same as the Vettel/Webber win ratio...
“There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance.”
― Socrates
Ignorance is a state of being uninformed. Ignorant describes a person in the state of being unaware
who deliberately ignores or disregards important information or facts. © all rights reserved.

bhall

Lately just as concocted, too. :D

CHT
CHT

To Dietrich Mateschitz, formula 1 is a marketing campaign for their energy drinks. Controversy like this can only be good for branding. When you see 2 RBR drivers wearing their overall appearing on the cover of the sport section, that is free marketing.

xDama

Wow, this topic is only 3 pages long, but filled with b/s.

There's only 1 thing you need to say to RB about their drivers: let them race.
"I race to win, and if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver." - Ayrton Senna

bhall

To be fair, it is a bullshit topic; there's no race for three weeks; and there's nothing new to talk about in F1 on the technical front.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T575Pbo4eWM[/youtube]

timbo

FWIW it appears that Dietrich Mateschitz is not pleased with what Vettel did.

CHT
CHT

timbo wrote:FWIW it appears that Dietrich Mateschitz is not pleased with what Vettel did.

was that from webber's father?