Best Rookie in F1

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Spore F1

Re: Best Rookie in F1

turbof1 wrote:Well, this subject was inevitably going to get believers.

Sepb, he has Raikkonen written all over him. Difficult to claim he is a Hamilton-fanboy :p.

Anyway, it's difficult to compare. For every rookie in f1 that was succesful, there is an unique story behind it. Ultimately, the best rookie ever in f1 is a very subjective matter. Each to his own opinion, so lets respect that shall we?
Indeed, that is what i stated in my previous comment, but true "fanboys" just wont take it. =D>

Crucial_Xtreme

This year I would say Jules. In recent history I think it's Lewis. As mentioned earlier, totally subjective. I'm not a Hamilton fan, but damn he did well his rookie year especially coming into a team as prestigious as McLaren and with the WDC winner of the previous two years as a teammate. Huge!

Sebp

Spore F1 wrote:
turbof1 wrote:Well, this subject was inevitably going to get believers.

Sepb, he has Raikkonen written all over him. Difficult to claim he is a Hamilton-fanboy :p.

Anyway, it's difficult to compare. For every rookie in f1 that was succesful, there is an unique story behind it. Ultimately, the best rookie ever in f1 is a very subjective matter. Each to his own opinion, so lets respect that shall we?
Indeed, that is what i stated in my previous comment, but true "fanboys" just wont take it. =D>
The only time I recall to have been a proper fanboy (12 years old or so) was in the mid 90's with Damon Hill. Laugh at that if you like. But it was "fun" routing for that particular driver in Germany at the time. :D

What always bugs me about these discussions is the need of the "believers" to win. Let's put an s at the end of the word rookie in the topic title. I don't think there is THE best rookie to be found. There's just a bunch of drivers who did very well in their first season under various circumstances. I would like to learn new stories about the past that I missed due to being too young or due to missing them in the record books.
No smartphone was involved in creating this message.

Sebp

Btw if anyone chooses to "believe" or be a fanboy why not do some digging and come up with something like this:
http://f1rejects.com/centrale/2013/raikkonen/index.html
No smartphone was involved in creating this message.

turbof1

Sepb, is the word believer too political correct for you :P ? You seem keen to make a point of it :lol: . Any case, just let it go. Don't get yourself cooked up because somebody was a bit too enthousiastic, its nothing more then that (same for you, spore f1).

I do agree that we should be more bothered about the succes stories of rookies from different era's.
#AeroFrodo