Williams - Mercedes from 2014 [speculations]

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
zoro_f1

Williams - Mercedes from 2014 [speculations]

The speculations already started before going to Monaco and now it is expecting the deal had already done and it is waiting for announcing. Combination between Williams - Mercedes will be more productive than the actual deal with Renault from 2014.

The only thing to worry is that Williams changes engines a lot and that is a wasting of time to adopt all the technology on every new engine. They must secure more stable deal with engines manufacture's and i hope this is the one.

So here is the link of the full article >> http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/form ... 74816.html
Image “The force can have a strong influence on the weak-minded”: [Obi Wan Kenobi]

ChrisF1
ChrisF1

Re: Williams - Mercedes from 2014 [speculations]

What are the general thoughts on Williams' long term future, are they seeking investors/how is Williams as a business doing/share prices?

zoro_f1

and also Mclaren had Mercedes as investitor and from 2015 it will be Honda
Image “The force can have a strong influence on the weak-minded”: [Obi Wan Kenobi]

Sevach
Sevach

2014 engines are going to be very different from what we have now, so even with the change in manufacturers i think Williams is on the same boat as every team in terms of installation (factory teams may have an advantage).
Remains to be seen whether Mercedes will have a better turbo engine than Renault...

Going forward, yes i think remaining committed to one maker is fundamental.

In sentimental terms i prefer a Williams-Renault team, but there's no space for that when money is involved.

marcush.
marcush.

as Iundersatnd the engine chassis and transmission physical interface is pretty much specified in the new rules -leaves cooling duct,heat exchangersinstallation interfaces as variables -is there even much in terms of differing technologies available in that area?

davemrgrumpypants
davemrgrumpypants

Life is in the details, so minor changes can go a long way...

D