2013 WDC and WCC in graphs

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
SectorOne

Re: 2013 WDC and WCC in graphs

beelsebob wrote:
SectorOne wrote:thanks,

Would have been even nice if html was supported, then i could make all these graphs interactive.
But then, you could also crash someone's browser tab with some extra slow running JS, so I think it's probably worth the trade off ;)
I have this on another site and it´s running very very light so i would not worry about that ;)

If your computer can handle a youtube clip it can handle an interactive graph,
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

beelsebob

SectorOne wrote:
beelsebob wrote:
SectorOne wrote:thanks,

Would have been even nice if html was supported, then i could make all these graphs interactive.
But then, you could also crash someone's browser tab with some extra slow running JS, so I think it's probably worth the trade off ;)
I have this on another site and it´s running very very light so i would not worry about that ;)

If your computer can handle a youtube clip it can handle an interactive graph,
No, the point was that if you could upload arbitrary html and javascript, you could upload things that do all kinds of things that aren't drawing useful graphs. You can upload things that delete all the other contents of the page and replace them with adverts. You can upload things that run incredibly slowly and crash browser tabs. If you know an exploit in a browser, you can upload exploits to the site.

Allowing random users to upload arbitrary code that's going to be executed by other users' browser is not a feature that is a good idea ;)

SectorOne

Updated,
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

SectorOne

Started working on an infograph, far from finished though.

Edit:
Last edited by SectorOne on 21 Jun 2013, 00:16, edited 1 time in total.

RB7ate9

Very slick! Can't wait for the final product.

SectorOne

thanks, might consider printing a few if there´s enough interest.

Been doing some more work and now i´m sort of going through various tracks like Shanghai having the longest straight.
My question is, which track has the highest average speed?

tepek

beelsebob

Your fake depth of field is massively over done, and detrimental to the readability. I'm not against pretty, but it needs to not be at the detriment of information (or better yet, it needs to enhance the informative quality – this is exactly what graphs do, they tell us information quickly by presenting it well)

Honestly, I have no idea what the section to the left of the pie chart, or the lower half of the pie chart even means here.

SectorOne

beelsebob wrote:Your fake depth of field is massively over done, and detrimental to the readability.
Obviously yes :) that is just for online photos until i´m ready.

abw

Looks like you spelled "deaths" wrong. No apostrophe for a plural. "There have been no deaths in recent years" versus "Many drivers have knocked at death's door."

flynfrog

thats unreadable

SectorOne

Thanks will change.
flynfrog wrote:thats unreadable
It´s on purpose.. It´s not ment to be readable at the moment.

SiLo

Really loving these! Can't wait to see the finished article.
Felipe Baby!

SectorOne

So i just realized i can´t edit the first post anymore :)

Anyway, here´s the latest batch of graphs. right click view for 1920 width.

WDC

WCC

Quali battle

Wins

Poles

Fastest laps
Last edited by SectorOne on 28 Jul 2013, 20:46, edited 5 times in total.

beelsebob

Something's not right – only 52.6% is left available for qually, but 60% for race and fastest lap.