2011 vs 2013 Tech Regs

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
adrianjordan

Re: 2011 vs 2013 Tech Regs

Cold Fussion wrote:
adrianjordan wrote:
beelsebob wrote:Hypothetically… I don't see anything in the rules banning (for example) Mercedes, selling a 2013 F1 car to Daimler, who then run it for thousands and thousands of laps (admittedly not on Pirelli's tyres), and then sell the data back to Mercedes. Is there something in the rules that bans this?
I posed a similar question in another thread: Is there anything banning McLaren from building an additional MP4-29 and handing it to Honda to test the new V6 engine in..??
Because once everyone else found out what they were doing, and they were hauled before an FIA tribunal, they would have a very hard, if not impossible time of trying to justify such a horrendous 'breach' of the rules. It may be technically a gray area, but you still have to be able to argue your case.
But where do the rules ban selling a copy of your car to an external entity?

Presumably at the very least then they'll be able to give Honda a modified MP4-27 in which to track test the new engine...as by next year that will be a 2 year old car and so permissible under the rules...
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️