Best driver performance over a season of all time?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Andres125sx

Re: Best driver performance over a season of all time?

Juzh wrote:
Andres125sx wrote: But Grosjean at spa.... there Alonso or Ferrari had no responsability. No team responsability at all, that´s the difference and the reason I say it´s only Grosjean who prevented Alonso from winning 2012 WDC
Yeah yeah.
Alonso drove into raikonnen in suzuka. It's that simple. He then stalled the car trying to rejoin. Don't try to filter out stuff that don't suite your premise.
First, if you quote me, use the correct text please, that has no sense

Second, if you call "drove into raikonnen" that, ok, but I can´t as he didn´t see him. Front wing from KR hit Alonso´s rear left tyre, so obviously KR was too far back, Alonso couldn´t see him

Or you think on a start drivers must be looking at their mirrors?

We can discuss if KR had earned the position or not, and that´s what I said, it´s debatable (maybe that´s the reson you didn´t quote that part?), but IMO when not even the front wing reached the driver position you don´t earn that position.

Specially on a start when the driver in front can´t be looking at the mirrors so frequently

PlatinumZealot

FoxHound wrote:
n smikle wrote:I nominate Vettel 2013.

Over a season? Rubbish first half amazing second. What does this tell you?
Yes I was averaging over the season... He bored us to death that year, he was like a metronome.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Juzh

Andres125sx wrote:as he didn´t see him.
So you are saying championship was in alonso's hands after all as it was a mistake on his part? We agree here then.
Andres125sx wrote: Or you think on a start drivers must be looking at their mirrors?
ermmm, yes?
Andres125sx wrote: We can discuss if KR had earned the position or not
No, it's not. Aerial shot showed alonso had tons of space on his right but instead chose to squeeze kimi to the outside.
Andres125sx wrote: Specially on a start when the driver in front can´t be looking at the mirrors so frequently
Is this supposed to be an excuse or something?

Omg, here we go again. I'm out.

Vettel Maggot
Vettel Maggot

Sakon Yamamoto would be up there.

Andres125sx

Juzh wrote:
Andres125sx wrote:as he didn´t see him.
So you are saying championship was in alonso's hands after all as it was a mistake on his part? We agree here then.
I see you enjoy taking others words out of context....
Juzh wrote: I'm out.
bye =D>

Andres125sx

12, 8, 9, 9, 2, 5, 3, 11, 1, 1, 6, 5, 10, 5, 6, 4, 5, 6, 7, 7

Those are 2012 grid position for Alonso, what makes an average of 6.1

http://www.formula1.com/results/driver/2012/30.html

By comparison, Massa average was 9.85 and he´s never been that bad at qualifying, so IMO it was a car handicap Alonso had to overcome

I´m watching F1 only from 90´s, so I can´t talk about any earlier, but I´ve never seen any other driver fighting for the WDC from that poor grid positions being forced to make tons of overtakings in race. This should be taken into account IMHO