Favorite Current Driver and Why?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Richard

Re: Favorite Current Driver and Why?

marcush. wrote:james was never afraid or unwilling to speak to the media ....

sennafan24

marcush. wrote:I´d think Kimi is a more the Gilles Villeneuve outside the car than he is even remotely comparable to James
Can I ask why.

Gilles despite having a few affairs was pretty clean cut, he was a very mild mannered and shy person from what I have read. Kimi speaks his mind and is not afraid to show/tell someone if he is pissed off. Also like Hunt, he is a party animal.

PlatinumZealot

The only thing similar between Kimi and hunt was the don't care attitude and their hair colour. I really can't see any closeness in driving style or charisma.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

PlatinumZealot

richard_leeds wrote:
marcush. wrote:james was never afraid or unwilling to speak to the media ....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqtA0rnqssQ
I agree.

The James Hunt camparison must be for a half drunk Kimi, as that certainly aint Kimi as we see him! :lol:
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

sennafan24

n smikle wrote:The only thing similar between Kimi and hunt was the don't care attitude and their hair colour. I really can't see any closeness in driving style or charisma.
Charisma is a weird one, because I would say Kimi has a quiet charisma. Despite him being stoic, you could never say he was boring, he does have a certain charm to him.

Paul Di Resta is the definition of uncharismatic.

beelsebob

sennafan24 wrote:
n smikle wrote:The only thing similar between Kimi and hunt was the don't care attitude and their hair colour. I really can't see any closeness in driving style or charisma.
Charisma is a weird one, because I would say Kimi has a quiet charisma. Despite him being stoic, you could never say he was boring, he does have a certain charm to him.

Paul Di Resta is the definition of uncharismatic.
It's interesting that this opinion is taking hold. You know that Martin Brundle uses DiResta as his go-to man on a grid walk if he's struggling, because he's guaranteed to get something interesting from the guy and is pretty much never turned down for a chat. Kimi meanwhile, pretty much always turns him down.

SectorOne

The biggest James Hunt moment Kimi had was in Monaco. Car broke down, camera swings past his boat and sure enough there he sits, not giving a flying F about anything else while the race is still going on.

I cannot even imagine to think what Mclaren and particularly Ron Dennis thought in that situation.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

sennafan24

beelsebob wrote: It's interesting that this opinion is taking hold. You know that Martin Brundle uses DiResta as his go-to man on a grid walk if he's struggling, because he's guaranteed to get something interesting from the guy and is pretty much never turned down for a chat. Kimi meanwhile, pretty much always turns him down.
I have only seen DiResta in interviews, and he comes across as a bit dour.

Credit to him for being so accommodating to Brundle, but being a extrovert only I would say is not enough to be classed as charismatic.

JimClarkFan

sennafan24 wrote:
beelsebob wrote: It's interesting that this opinion is taking hold. You know that Martin Brundle uses DiResta as his go-to man on a grid walk if he's struggling, because he's guaranteed to get something interesting from the guy and is pretty much never turned down for a chat. Kimi meanwhile, pretty much always turns him down.
I have only seen DiResta in interviews, and he comes across as a bit dour.

Credit to him for being so accommodating to Brundle, but being a extrovert only I would say is not enough to be classed as charismatic.
He is a bit dour, and earlier in the season a bit prickly and made some outspoken comments about the team. But I think someone, probably dc, has had a word in his ear and he has come round since then. Personally I would rather have diresta any day over Kimi - I'm not much of a fan of Kimi fan though and wish the best for diresta so so maybe I'm biased.

bdr529

sennafan24 wrote:
marcush. wrote:I´d think Kimi is a more the Gilles Villeneuve outside the car than he is even remotely comparable to James
Can I ask why.

Gilles despite having a few affairs was pretty clean cut,
I've never heard of this, I thought Gilles was a good family man

sennafan24

bdr529 wrote:
sennafan24 wrote:
Can I ask why.

Gilles despite having a few affairs was pretty clean cut,
I've never heard of this, I thought Gilles was a good family man
He was for the most part, I would suggest you read Gerald Donaldson's book for more information. His Marriage went through some tough times.

Alonso Fan

did you see alonso's opening lap at spa today?

that's why i call him the best driver in the world
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa

bdr529

sennafan24 wrote: He was for the most part, I would suggest you read Gerald Donaldson's book for more information. His Marriage went through some tough times.
I read it when it came out, so either I glossed over that part or my memory is getting as bad as my eye site
I'm guessing the later, thanks anyways

FW17

Max Chilton!

Love that he is the worst pay driver of all times and the english press is trying to cover him.

sennafan24

bdr529 wrote:
I read it when it came out, so either I glossed over that part or my memory is getting as bad as my eye site
I'm guessing the later, thanks anyways
:lol:

No problem