Draft 2014 F1 calendar

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
GitanesBlondes

Provisional 2014 F1 calendar

No real big surprises here with the list. I'm not sold on Sochi being a go for 2014, and still think the list will drop to 20. The one thing I do like is they've moved the "Wasteland" GP's of China, Korea, and Bahrain to earlier in the season, so at least it gets all those crap tracks out of the way. In another era, I might've been excited about the return to Mexico City, but I suspect we won't get the full run down to the Peraltada. In addition the circuit last I saw look downright abysmal. So many renovations are needed to try and get it to actually look like a more modern facility.
1 Australian Grand Prix / Albert Park / March 14 – 16
2 Malaysian Grand Prix / Sepang International Circuit /March 21 – 23
3 Chinese Grand Prix / Shanghai International Circuit /April 4 – 6
4 Korean Grand Prix / Korean International Circuit / April 11 – 13
5 Bahrain Grand Prix / Bahrain International Circuit / April 25 – 27
6 Spanish Grand Prix / Circuit de Catalunya /May 9 – 11
7 Monaco Grand Prix / Monte-Carlo / May 22 – 25
8 Canadian Grand Prix / Circuit Gilles Villeneuve / June 6 – 8
9 Austrian Grand Prix / Red Bull Ring / June 20 – 22
10 British Grand Prix / Silverstone / July 4 – 6
11 German Grand Prix Hockenheimring July 18 – 20
12 Hungarian Grand Prix / Hungaroring / July 25 – 27
13 Belgian Grand Prix / Spa-Francorchamps / August 22 – 24
14 Italian Grand Prix / Monza / September 5 – 7
15 Singapore Grand Prix / Singapore / September 19 – 21
16 Japanese Grand Prix / Suzuka / October 3 – 5
17 Russian Grand Prix / Sochi / October 17 – 19
18 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix / Yas Marina / October 24 – 26
19 Mexican Grand Prix / Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez / November 7 – 9
20 United States Grand Prix / Circuit of the Americas / November 14 – 16
21 Brazilian Grand Prix / Interlagos / November 28 – 30
"I don't want to make friends with anybody. I don't give a sh*t for fame. I just want to win." -Nelson Piquet

WhiteBlue

Draft 2014 F1 calendar

Adam Cooper on:
http://www.autoweek.com/article/20130905/F1/130909924
2014 Draft F1 Calendar

March 16: Australia
March 23: Malaysia
April 6: China
April 13: Korea*
April 27: Bahrain
May 11: Spain
May 25: Monaco
June 8: Canada
June 22: Austria
July 6: Britain
July 20: Germany
July 27: Hungary
Aug. 24: Belgium
Sept. 7: Italy
Sept. 21: Singapore
Oct. 5: Japan
Oct. 19: Russia
Oct. 26: Abu Dhabi
Nov. 9: Mexico*
Nov. 16: USA
Nov. 30: Brazil
Korea and Mexico are subject to confirmation. So we will probably see one of the eliminated. New Jersey is off according to the plan, but this could be just putting the screws on.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

rjsa

Re: Draft 2014 F1 calendar

I'll never watch a GP in Interlagos again it seems. My wedding Anniversary is November 29 and we invariably are abroad. :(

dave34m

Looks like the 3 week breaks at the start of the season have gone, thank goodness

astracrazy

why is there no order with the calendar? they seem to have to fly here there and everywhere towards the end of the year - it never comes across as theres any logistics planning

Richard

We usually create a new thread for the construction/refurbishment of new circuits on the F1 calendar.

So I've created a thread for Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez :arrow: http://www.f1technical.net/forum/viewto ... =1&t=15434

hairy_scotsman

New F1 Calendar is out. MxC, Russia, on it. NJ back on, but...

New Jersey back on FIA's 22-race 2014 F1 calendar - F1 Fanatic

16 March Grand Prix of Australia
30 March Grand Prix of Malaysia
06 April Grand Prix of Bahrain
20 April Grand Prix of China
27 April Grand Prix of Korea (provisional)
11 May Grand Prix of Spain
25 May Grand Prix of Monaco
01 June Grand Prix of America, New Jersey (provisional*)
08 June Grand Prix of Canada

22 June Grand Prix of Austria
06 July Grand Prix of Great Britain
20 July Grand Prix of Germany (Hockenheim)
27 July Grand Prix of Hungary
24 August Grand Prix of Belgium
07 September Grand Prix of Italy
21 September Grand Prix of Singapore
05 October Grand Prix of Russia (Sochi)
12 October Grand Prix of Japan
26 October Grand Prix of Abu Dhabi
09 November Grand Prix of USA (Austin)
16 November Grand Prix of Mexico (provisional*)
30 November Grand Prix of Brazil
Follow me on twitter @Austin_F1 ...

astracrazy

if all the new additions stick then quiet exciting calendar. i like new tracks or returning to old tracks

hairy_scotsman

No way NJ happens in that spot. 3 consecutive weeks with a flyaway from Monaco to NY?

I think Leo fulfilled just enough of his contractual obligations for Bernie to keep his race on the list. So Bernie is keeping the door open for him to finally pay up. If he pays up, then I'm sure the race will get a different date to avoid the 3-week run.
Last edited by hairy_scotsman on 27 Sep 2013, 19:01, edited 1 time in total.
Follow me on twitter @Austin_F1 ...

SectorOne

astracrazy wrote:why is there no order with the calendar? they seem to have to fly here there and everywhere towards the end of the year - it never comes across as theres any logistics planning
This gave me an idea, "i´ll be back..."
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

GitanesBlondes

hairy_scotsman wrote:No way NJ happens in that spot. 3 consecutive weeks with a flyaway from Monaco to NY?

I think Leo fulfilled just enough of his contractual obligations for Bernie to keep his race on the list. So Bernie is keeping the door open for him to finally pay up. If he pays up, then I'm sure the race will get a different date to avoid the 3-week run.
The distance from Monaco to NJ is no worse than the distance from Sochi to Suzuka.

I don't see the race getting a date anywhere but that proposed June 1st slot. You can't run after Canada because Le Mans is that weekend. The following is Austria, and I doubt they would go from Europe to North America for Canada, back to Europe, back to North America, and then back to Europe.

Of course assuming the NJ race even goes off, June 1st is the best possible choice. The only possible slot would be November 2nd before Texas, however you don't want to be running a race in NJ at the beginning of November. Keeping the tires up to temperature would be extremely difficult, not to mention if you get any inclement weather.
"I don't want to make friends with anybody. I don't give a sh*t for fame. I just want to win." -Nelson Piquet

notsofast

I would have expected the Russia and Japan slots to be reversed. Singapore - Japan - Russia - Abu Dhabi seems more logical, logistically.

CHT
CHT

22 races next season, what does it mean for viewers?

Just read about 22 races for 2014, will this mean that TV viewers are expected to pay more for next season?

turbof1

Re: 22 races next season, what does it mean for viewers?

It still doesn't mean we will have 22 races for sure. Korea isn't happy about having to host 2 races in such a short timeframe, and New Jersey more looks like not going to happen. Mexico might happen, but is also provisional.

If 22 races will be held, and if you have to pay for viewing them, then you have to look at the contract. Is it a multiple year contract? Are there clauses for when the number of races increase or decrease? Are those races perhaps part of a bigger deal, which includes other sports? Most likely will be that nothing changes, but you still might want to ask your provider to be 100% sure.
#AeroFrodo

SectorOne

Behold the logistics of F1 transports. It´s beyond ridiculous. (right click for higher res)

Play a game of follow the line starting from Australia.
Even i went "but wait a minute, are we going back to the place we just were?"

I´ll update with a more intelligent one purely in terms of logistics not taking into account weather among other stuff.

Edit: Like night and day. This has to be a 10 times shorter distance then the above.

"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"