Draft 2014 F1 calendar

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
astracrazy
astracrazy

Re: Draft 2014 F1 calendar

haha you done it, well done mate

also notice aus is on its own? its not a back to back race. what is the point in that

hairy_scotsman
hairy_scotsman

GitanesBlondes wrote:
hairy_scotsman wrote:No way NJ happens in that spot. 3 consecutive weeks with a flyaway from Monaco to NY?

I think Leo fulfilled just enough of his contractual obligations for Bernie to keep his race on the list. So Bernie is keeping the door open for him to finally pay up. If he pays up, then I'm sure the race will get a different date to avoid the 3-week run.
The distance from Monaco to NJ is no worse than the distance from Sochi to Suzuka.
But there are 2 weeks before and after Sochi & Suzuka. Three weeks straight including a flyover? It's never been done that I know of & I doubt it gets done next year either. I think the placement of this "race" indicates just how little BE believes in it going forward.
Follow me on twitter @Austin_F1 ...

hairy_scotsman
hairy_scotsman

SectorOne wrote:Behold the logistics of F1 transports. It´s beyond ridiculous. (right click for higher res)

http://i.imgur.com/G77Rmyx.jpg

Play a game of follow the line starting from Australia.
Even i went "but wait a minute, are we going back to the place we just were?"

I´ll update with a more intelligent one purely in terms of logistics not taking into account weather among other stuff.

Edit: Like night and day. This has to be a 10 times shorter distance then the above.

http://i.imgur.com/CS0Byp7.jpg
Nice mappage!

I think they realize all of that. It's just that oversaturation of markets is always a concern.
Follow me on twitter @Austin_F1 ...

SectorOne

So New Jersey, Korea and Mexico is out. 19 races for 2014.

2014 F1 calendar:

March 16: Australia (Melbourne)

March 30: Malaysia (Sepang)

April 6: Bahrain (Sakhir)

April 20: China (Shanghai)

May 11: Spain (Barcelona)

May 25: Monaco (Monte Carlo)

June 8: Canada (Montreal)

June 22: Austria (Red Bull Ring)

July 6: Great Britain (Silverstone)

July 20: Germany (Hockenheim)

July 27: Hungary (Budapest)

August 24: Belgium (Spa-Francorchamps)

September 7: Italy (Monza)

September 21: Singapore (Marina Bay)

October 5: Japan (Suzuka)

October 12: Russia (Sochi)

November 2: United States (Austin)

November 9: Brazil (Interlagos, Sao Paulo)

November 23: Abu Dhabi (Yas Marina)

http://sports.ndtv.com/formula-1/news/2 ... e-calendar
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

A13EX_f
A13EX_f

Sector One, you need to remember that the same kit doesn't go from one track to the next to the next instead the teams have duplicates of everything to allow them to build up the garages etc in preparation before the race otherwise they would only have 4 days to break a garage and motorhome etc down, transport, build, test, so if you get really bored you could try and work out the logistics of using 2 kits, also add to that some races use the full motorhome / hospitality and some use the local buildings.

Italiano
Italiano

Fu**ing abu dhabi, useless. Why..??
#Forza Michael #Forza Jules

Gerhard Berger
Gerhard Berger

SchumacherM wrote:Fu**ing abu dhabi, useless. Why..??

But i agree. If it did come to a last race title decider, you would want it at Brazil rather than AD.

beelsebob
beelsebob

SchumacherM wrote:Fu**ing abu dhabi, useless. Why..??
Same reason as Monaco.

Italiano
Italiano

Oh yea, real mature to downvote that. Whoever agrees that AD should be the final race, should slap themselves.

SectorOne

Am i the only person who likes Abu Dhabi? Last sector is mega for F1 cars. One of the few places you see F1 cars tossed around like karts.
The track itself provides entertainment as well. There are far more "boring" tracks on the calendar.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

Italiano
Italiano

Even the "omg night race" factor is wearing thin. It's a stupid place, forced by stupid money filled morons in the middle east and is as flat as a pancake. In track elevation and in spirit.

Thank the merciful lord we have Austria back.

Sebp

Abu Dhabi next year is calling for a fan boycott anyway because it is supposed to be the double pointer.
No smartphone was involved in creating this message.

Jonnycraig
Jonnycraig

SectorOne wrote:Am i the only person who likes Abu Dhabi? Last sector is mega for F1 cars. One of the few places you see F1 cars tossed around like karts.
The track itself provides entertainment as well. There are far more "boring" tracks on the calendar.
Unfortunately it provides tedious racing and without DRS would be nigh on impossible to overtake on, due in no small part to the stadium section stringing everyone out ahead of two long straights. Certain more vocal drivers have been far from complimentary about the track to drive as well, which is quite surprising as it's one of the tracks I quote enjoy driving on F1 games.