BBC iPlayer in UK

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
ss.vamsikrishna
ss.vamsikrishna

BBC iPlayer in UK

Hi Everybody
Does BBC iPlayer in UK broadcasts all the races in UK live for free.
Please let me know, i am planning to use VPN to see these races using BBC iPlayer.
Thanks and best regards
Krishna

SilverArrow10

Re: BBC iPlayer in UK

You can watch everything the BBC can show live. So half the races live, half the races extended highlights later in the day.
"Leave it to Lewis Hamilton to ruin Redbull's day" - Martin Brundle

"Ok Lewis, Its Hammertime!!" - Peter Bonnington

"Fresh tires, 15 laps. What do you think Lewis Hamilton is going to do?" - Martin Brundle

ss.vamsikrishna
ss.vamsikrishna

Thanks , just one last question ...how detailed are the highlights? How much race do i miss?
and can i watch it anytime...how long they are put in iPlayer before they are taken out...
Thanks in advance....

SilverArrow10

there up there for one week after the race and you can watch it whenever during that week, along with qualifying and practice if they show it that week. and there extended highlights so you get to see most of it, its just not live so they cut out some laps.

"Fresh tires, 15 laps. What do you think Lewis Hamilton is going to do?" - Martin Brundle

ss.vamsikrishna
ss.vamsikrishna

Thanks a lot :) Greatly appreciate it.

dannymidi
dannymidi

I've managed to get BBC One streaming live and the BBC & ITV Players working here in Abu Dhabi.
VPN seems to be a more reliable option than browser proxies. im using http://www.laptoptelly.com

billyelliott
billyelliott

Breakfast without coffee and life without watching BBC iPlayer in France are things unimaginable but now not impossible since streamingvpn is here to make the impossible possible.

adrianjordan

ss.vamsikrishna wrote:Thanks , just one last question ...how detailed are the highlights? How much race do i miss?
and can i watch it anytime...how long they are put in iPlayer before they are taken out...
Thanks in advance....
In my experience you really don't miss much.

When they were first announced back in 2012 I was worried that I'd find myself wanting the Sky coverage so that I could watch every race live. But actually I now find myself preferring the BBC's extended highlights because you get everything of interest and miss out the laps where nothing much happens...and it's easier to fit into my busy life as well..!!

As for how long they're available, the BBC has been boasting recently about how they'll be making programs available on iPlayer for a month, rather than a week, don't know when that's starting though and whether it will apply to everything. Best option, if you can via VPN, is install the iPlayer Downloads App and then download the program to your computer before watching - you get better quality and don't have to worry about it suddenly deciding to buffer right in the middle of the action!!
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

ss.vamsikrishna
ss.vamsikrishna

Hello Everybody
It looks like BBC Iplayer is going to charge and we need to buy the programs online. Any idea how much i have to pay to watch a live or recorded race.
Thanks in advance.
Best regards
Krishna

beelsebob
beelsebob

ss.vamsikrishna wrote:Hello Everybody
It looks like BBC Iplayer is going to charge and we need to buy the programs online. Any idea how much i have to pay to watch a live or recorded race.
Thanks in advance.
Best regards
Krishna
The BBC does not, and may not charge for programming. They receive their funding from the license fee, not from subscription on PayW fees.

ss.vamsikrishna
ss.vamsikrishna

Jonesy79
Jonesy79

Don't worry about ever having to pay for iPlayer, if you do it's a scam!

neilbah
neilbah

Nice plan with the VPN and iplayer. If you know anyone with Sky HD who doesnt use their sky go account you could ask them if you could use one of the 2 registered computers allowed ;) then you could get all of the coverage.

lebesset
lebesset

neilbah wrote:Nice plan with the VPN and iplayer. If you know anyone with Sky HD who doesnt use their sky go account you could ask them if you could use one of the 2 registered computers allowed ;) then you could get all of the coverage.
I thought you didn't get F1 with sky HD any more but had to subscribe to Sky sport

anyway , I don't mix with anyone who subscribes to Sky http://www.f1technical.net/forum/postin ... 1&p=491725#
to the optimist a glass is half full ; to the pessimist a glass is half empty ; to the F1 engineer the glass is twice as big as it needs to be

SilverArrow10

I still have sky f1 with just the HD package. They better not change it so I need sky sports as well haha