2013 USGP Tickets

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
hairy_scotsman
hairy_scotsman

2013 USGP Tickets

Just found out about this new USGP ticket special on LivingSocial. I came here to post it in the 2013 USGP thread & found there was none, so, here you go:

Seems like prices are dropping a bit more:
Choose from the following offers:
• $39 for one Friday ticket
• $59 for one Saturday ticket
• $79 for one Sunday ticket
• $249 for one Turn-Four Weekend Pass
• $999 for four Turn-Four Weekend Passes with parking

https://www.livingsocial.com/events/cit ... urce=blast
Last edited by Richard on 09 Nov 2013, 02:22, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated title to distinguish from race thread
Follow me on twitter @Austin_F1 ...

hairy_scotsman
hairy_scotsman

Re: 2013 USGP

COTA has finally released its schedule of events for the 2013 USGP:

http://www.circuitoftheamericas.com/f1/schedule

Quality is up to their usual impeccable standards & looks like only one support series this time.
Sunday, November 13

8:20am
MEDICAL INSPECTION
8:30am
TRACK INSPECTION AND TRACK TEST
9:00am
FIRST PRACTICE SESSION
11:00am
PRACTICE SESSION
11:30am
PADDOCK CLUB PIT LANE WALK
12:30pm
TRACK INSPECTION
1:00pm
SECOND PRACTICE SESSION
3:00pm
PRESS CONFERENCE – PRESS ROOM
4:00pm
PRACTICE SESSION DRIVERS' MEETING
5:00pm
MARSHAL PIT LANE WALK

Monday, November 13

7:30am
TEAM PIT STOP PRACTICE PADDOCK CLUB PIT LANE WALK
8:20am
MEDICAL INSPECTION
8:30am
TRACK INSPECTION AND TRACK TEST
9:00am
THIRD PRACTICE SESSION
10:30am
QUALIFYING SESSION
11:05am
TRACK INSPECTION
12:00pm
QUALIFYING SESSION
2:00pm
FIRST RACE (10 LAPS OR 25 MINS)

Tuesday, November 13

10:00am
DRIVERS MEETING (IF NECESSARY)
10:30am
SECOND RACE (10 LAPS OR 25 MINS)
11:05am
11:15am
MARSHALING SYSTEM TRACK TEST
FORMULA ONE DRIVERS PARADE
11:45am
STARTING GRID PRESENTATION
12:00pm
MEDICAL INSPECTION
12:10pm
TRACK INSPECTION
12:30pm
PIT LANE OPEN
12:45pm
PIT LANE CLOSED GRID FORMATION
12:46pm
NATIONAL ANTHEM
1:00pm
GRAND PRIX ( 56 LAPS OR 120 MINS)

USGP Race Day Schedule 2013Nov 13, 2016-Nov 13, 2018
Venues
FERRARI CHALLENGE
Formula One
TRACK ACTIVITY
Popular

dren

Ahhh damn I could have saved a little if I just got the Sat and Sun passes. I think I paid $170 + stupid ticket master fees for a weekend pass and $200 for parking.
Honda!

hairy_scotsman
hairy_scotsman

So, between Ferrari Challenge & F1, only 4 hot-lapping sessions Friday, 4 Saturday, & 2 Sunday. Pretty sparse on the action.

With only 3 weeks to go, it's possible they could announce another series, but it's pretty damn late. Now I guess we know why they put off this announcement for so long.

hairy_scotsman
hairy_scotsman

Wow.

After telling people yesterday that tickets would be FedExed tomorrow, apparently COTA is now saying they'll be sent "in the next week or two".

Also, responding to complaints about the lack of support races, they're telling people to "expect more soon". So with 3 weeks to go they're still trying to line up support races and are saying they'll mail tickets in the next week or two?

Oh my.

hairy_scotsman
hairy_scotsman

As we suspected, looks like they might be planning to charge for shuttle lots. Tickets not yet on sale:

http://www.ticketmaster.com/f1-grand-pr ... rcatid=103

ETA: Hmm...looks like the TicketMaster pages for these lots have been removed.

FM 812 Yellow Lot:

Moore Rd Orange Lot:

hairy_scotsman
hairy_scotsman

I might have more info on the lots above and one more soon. Looks like prices might actually be reasonable this time around.

hairy_scotsman
hairy_scotsman

Shuttle Lot purchase & other transportation info:

http://www.statesman.com/news/sports/pa ... ase/nbXrq/

http://circuitoftheamericas.com/f1/tickets

Much better deal than they've offered for parking in their lots before, assuming the prices are per car and not per person. Doesn't say either way to my knowledge. The track shuttle plan seems a little lacking if you wanna get from the Main GS or Turn 1 to Turn 11.

hairy_scotsman
hairy_scotsman

Pretty thorough article here regarding the new transportation plan, by Ben Wear, the Statesman's transportation columnist:

The Link

ETA: Sorry, didn't know that was behind the stupid paywall...Here's one that's just as good:

http://globenewswire.com/news-release/2 ... -PRIX.html

hairy_scotsman
hairy_scotsman

Damn COTA.

Their own website says if you wanna use their pay shuttle lots "You can purchase in advance here or pay cash at the lot". An hour ago they tweeted this:

Circuit of Americas @circuitamericas
@markwimmer Hey Mark, we won't be offering cash parking at our Red and Yellow lots. You'll need to purchase passes in advance.

...and get this. As of 0930, their back gate on Elroy Road was closed with cars trying to get in. SVRA Vintage racing started at 0800. Reminds me of when they still had the gate locked between the bridges an hour into V8 Supercars until a guy tweeted about it.

The SVRA event this weekend at COTA is incredible. Went out yesterday & was blown away by the cars. Was not blown away at all by being locked out of 3/4 of the track. The fans can only access T15-18 and the Main GS to T1. Unreal.

strad

From the things you post it makes one wonder who the heck is running things?
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

hairy_scotsman
hairy_scotsman

strad wrote:From the things you post it makes one wonder who the heck is running things?
Now the SCCA says they won't be back for next year, citing COTA's relatively high fees.

http://www.racer.com/additional-dates-a ... le/318711/

hairy_scotsman
hairy_scotsman

strad wrote:From the things you post it makes one wonder who the heck is running things?
Have you rented an RV space from COTA? Hope you have an onboard generator.

This was just posted on another forum. Oy.
"FYI to anyone who bought the onsite RV parking/4 GA tickets for $1k. They are saying now that you are not allowed to run a generator unless it was a standard piece of enclosed equipment on your RV, and that you have to buy power from them for $400.

Not a single mention of this when tickets were sold."

My buddy was hounding them for weeks trying to determine when the gates would open and the exact time we would be allowed to enter. They blew him off him for a while and finally passed him on to a women who is running the RV site. She gave him that info.

Incidentally, the tickets just arrived Thursday and there was no mention of this in the enclosed info there, either.

I think they are going to have a tough time enforcing this when you get a few hundred people showing up with generators and them all being told, "Sorry, we forgot to mention, you still owe us $400 more dollars that we never told you about and allowed you to budget for".
Those spots went on sale on July 2 iirc. Turns out on September 30 they sent out an email that included notification of the change. So they waited almost 3 months to tell people about this requirement. Nicely done, COTA.

ETA: So it looks like COTA has reacted & has sent out a clarification email. Funny how that always seems to work with them. LMAO. The problem there is, as with the Sep 30 email, the info seems to only be available to people who have already purchased spots. Might affect sales to let everyone know. :/

hairy_scotsman
hairy_scotsman

Also with only 11 days left until FP1, many people still haven't received their tickets and are getting antsy.

We just got a message on our page from a follower who is also still waiting. He says he called cota & it took forever to get thru. He also says they're telling people if tickets aren't at your house by Friday, then to pick them up at will call. The problem there is that many ppl are also waiting for parking passes. So how do you pick up your tix at will call when u can't park anywhere?

hairy_scotsman
hairy_scotsman

Oy. If you were counting on the USGP Wednesday Fan Pit Walk like I was....well, don't.

Sadly, it looks like COTA has removed it from the weekend schedule.

http://www.circuitoftheamericas.com/f1/schedule