RedBull solid fuel exhaust lining for off throttle blowing

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
PlatinumZealot

RedBull solid fuel exhaust lining for off throttle blowing

My very reliable sources tell me that Redbull have a special lining of ultra high density solid fuel coated inside the exhaust pipes. It it aslo rumoured that RedBull also have higher than normal levels of hydrogen carriers in their fuel.

Sebastian Vettels sets his engine to "G-9", this is a special engine map that allows semi-lean engine cycling and post inginition to create very high exhaust gas temperatures. The solid fuel coating on inner surface of the exhaust pipes activates and evaporates. The fuel reacts with the excess air in the exhaust gas stream. Though burning at a moderate rate, the explosion from the solid fuel air mixture is still expansive enough to increase the energy of the exhaust gasses three-fold.

The fuel is only enough to be used for a few minutes. But with low speed corners, where exhaust blowing is required most, only a small portion of the lap, a few minutes of off throttle is more than enough for Vettel to blast out of corners with a 40 point down-force advantage.

It is said that the number 1 RB-9 car has exhaust pipes that are 5 kilograms heavier than normal. That is how unbelievable dense this slow burning rocket fuel is! Some fuel and balast is sacrificed to make suit. And that is why we see that the RedBulls qualifying advantage is not the huge one second gaps we were using to seeing in 2012.
πŸ–οΈβœŒοΈβ˜οΈπŸ‘€πŸ‘ŒβœοΈπŸŽπŸ†πŸ™

beelsebob
beelsebob

Re: RedBull solid fuel exhaust lining for off throttle blowi

Reliable source or it didn't happen.

Aside – I doubt this would get past scrutineering, as it would shift the weight balance out of the required window.

raymondu999

beelsebob - there is no weight/mass distribution requirement. There's just a min weight on axle requirement. If you're willing to run above the min weight, then you can achieve (theoretically) any mass distribution you want.
ε€±θ΄₯θ€…ζ‰Ύη†η”±οΌŒζˆεŠŸθ€…ζ‰Ύζ–Ήζ³•

tim|away
tim|away

Lovely attempt at trying to troll f1 technical, mate.

SectorOne

At least give us their positions in F1. And since itΒ΄s plural, are you saying two separate sources have reached identical conclusions regarding the "ultra-dense" rocket fuel?
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

notApineapple
notApineapple

n smikle wrote:
Do you believe anything you're told?

With Seb on one side confirming they have a secret system for traction and your RB source confirming a solid fuel exhaust, I think whats actually happening is that RB are having some fun with these allegations and putting out all sorts of wild theories for anyone dumb enough to believe them.

Can't blame them, I'd do the same..

Jonnycraig
Jonnycraig

The fact people are taking a clear joke post seriously shows how desperate they are to convince themselves Vettel & RB aren't as good as the ones they support.

GrizzleBoy
GrizzleBoy

I don't know, the 40 point downforce advantage statement seems to fit the bill perfectly from what I've seen!

SectorOne

Jonnycraig wrote:shows how desperate they are to convince themselves Vettel & RB aren't as good as the ones they support.
Not sure how that adds up to be honest. True or not true, Red Bull doing a better job is the end-result in both cases.
YouΒ΄d have to live under a rock to not come to the conclusion Red Bull are doing a better job.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

PlatinumZealot

notApineapple wrote:
n smikle wrote:
Do you believe anything you're told?

With Seb on one side confirming they have a secret system for traction and your RB source confirming a solid fuel exhaust, I think whats actually happening is that RB are having some fun with these allegations and putting out all sorts of wild theories for anyone dumb enough to believe them.

Can't blame them, I'd do the same..
Same thing really. The extra traction in the corners is derived from higher rear down-force AND from the reduced engine power as a result of the arrangement mentioned.
πŸ–οΈβœŒοΈβ˜οΈπŸ‘€πŸ‘ŒβœοΈπŸŽπŸ†πŸ™

stefan_
stefan_

All these talks about RB using TC, mix, maps, throttles etc. is beginning to be silly. Can't we just agree that Red Bull are simply using their resources in a very efficient way?
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

beelsebob
beelsebob

Jonnycraig wrote:The fact people are taking a clear joke post seriously shows how desperate they are to convince themselves Vettel & RB aren't as good as the ones they support.
Who was taking it seriously?