Formula 1 College Project - Race Data

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Crazyfrog23

Formula 1 College Project - Race Data

Hi
I'm a new member on here, but have been lurking around the forums for quite a while.

I am currently in my final year in computer science and my final year project/dissertation is going to revolve around F1.
At the moment though I am looking for some help from people on here.
The first stage of my project will be to create a database of information on race results, lap times, etc.
This will all be based on the PDF documents that the FIA post online. I currently have all of the 2013 documents downloaded and organised in excel, along with the PDF documents from 2011 (thanks to a post on here), but not 2012.

I am looking to get access to other previous years PDF documents so that I can use convert these into my database.
Of course if anyone has any questions please go ahead, or if anyone would like any of the PDF, excel, etc files I can of course pass them on :)

antiuser

Re: Formula 1 College Project - Race Data

I have a database (in sql format) of all race results (including timing when available) from 1950 to 2012. If this is something you're interested in, send me a PM.

Crazyfrog23

antiuser wrote:I have a database (in sql format) of all race results (including timing when available) from 1950 to 2012. If this is something you're interested in, send me a PM.
That would be great antiuser :)

If anyone has anything they could add to this it would be great, mainly the 2012 PDF's, so I would have the 2011 - 2013 PDFs for reference, as the three most recent seasons.

privateuser

Hey I am doing that same database project and was having difficulty locating the rest of the data. If there is anyway that I can have help with this please let me know!!

Thank you!! :)

Crazyfrog23

Sorry PrivateUser, seem's I had my thread notifications turned off, so never seen your reply till now. If you still need any data just let me know as I have built up a large stack of data at this stage.

Also to anybody who has offered me data since posting this thread thank you, the forums here have been a big help.

Note for anybody in the future looking for data:
Also any data I needed that I was still missing, two of the best websites I found along with the offical FIA website were:
http://www.gpupdate.net
http://www.forix.com(requires a subscription but has everything you could ever want. Controlled by autosport magazine and is used by the likes of eurosport)