Prostitutes in F1 and Massa proud he isnt one his Legacy?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Racer X

Prostitutes in F1 and Massa proud he isnt one his Legacy?

http://www.f1sa.com/index.php?option=co ... Itemid=157

Massa has called pay drivers Prostitutes

But i have one question......

If you are the one paying isn't the Person receiving money the Prostitute.

But doesn't that make most if not to a certain degree prostitutes.

Who is a prostitute in F1 the drivers or the teams selling their seats.

Massa is not paying to be at Williams but will help bring Brazilian funding. But isnt a prostitute.

So who isn't.

We can honestly say

Kimi isn't
Vettel
Ham
Ross
Hulk.

Who else?

And being sponsored what exactly is an F1 prostitute.

We know Chilton falls into this category but.who else Gutierrez Maldo Perez?

Who else...

How does one keep from becoming one don't help bring funding?
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

Racer X

Re: Prostitutes in F1 and Massa proud he isnt one his Legacy

Essentially Massa has said i was never a prostitute this is my greatest achievement in all my years at Ferrari.....

One would think that somany years at Ferrari never becoming world Champion failure.

But Massa is cup half full kinda guy.
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

antiuser

Pérez isn't a pay driver. He brought his personal sponsorship to McLaren but he receives a salary from the team. And I wouldn't call so many years at Ferrari without a WDC a failure. His first year, he was clearly the new guy and playing second fiddle to a 7-time world champion. His second year, he gave Kimi a good run for his money and then stepped back and let him win Brazil for the title. His third year he lost the championship by one point - arguably through no fault of his own - he would've taken it had it not been for that engine failure in Hungary or the team screwing up in Singapore. Then the following year he had a very serious accident and when he came back he saw the whole team converging around Alonso. The German GP was when it became clear - to him and to everyone else around - that he was now in Alonso's house and he wasn't the golden boy anymore.

Shrieker

antiuser wrote:His third year he lost the championship by one point - arguably through no fault of his own - he would've taken it had it not been for that engine failure in Hungary or the team screwing up in Singapore.
This is true, however people never mention self inflicted spins and consequent dnfs in the first 2 races of that season. Traction control was banned, and he didn't adapt quick enough. He gave it too much gas exiting the first corner in Melbourne and spun, went on to do the near exact same mistake trying to chase down Kimi the next race at Malaysia. He lost the title by his own mistakes as much as the team's.

Speaking of prostitution, I wonder what he feels about bending over and taking one from his team mate every now and then (ok a bit too harsh there maybe). I always thought he was an above average driver who got a very good car for a couple of seasons.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

antiuser

Massa is obviously not in the same league as Vettel, Alonso and arguably Hamilton. He's not the kind of driver that will take a sub-par car and make it shine on a regular basis. I would rank him in the next best tier, along with Räikkönen, Button, Webber and maybe Rosberg.
Shrieker wrote:Speaking of prostitution, I wonder what he feels about bending over and taking one from his team mate every now and then (ok a bit too harsh there maybe).
Every driver that has a dominant teammate will have to do that now and then (Berger with Senna, Coulthard with Häkkinen, Fisichella with Alonso, every teammate Schumacher had post-1992). It's just how things go in F1.

raymondu999

I call anyone who wouldn't be hired without sponsorship a pay driver. Alonso brings Santander, but I'm willing to bet my new Aston Martin that he would be hired even without that Santander sponsorship. Hence he is not a pay driver. Hence, for example,
antiuser wrote:Pérez isn't a pay driver. He brought his personal sponsorship to McLaren but he receives a salary from the team
Doesn't work for me, because I don't think McLaren would have hired Perez without the Mexican money he brings. Heck, Maldonado and Gutierrez get paid too. Everyone in F1 gets paid, it's just that the money for that payment comes from some other sponsorship.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

flynfrog

raymondu999 wrote:I call anyone who wouldn't be hired without sponsorship a pay driver. Alonso brings Santander, but I'm willing to bet my new Aston Martin that he would be hired even without that Santander sponsorship. Hence he is not a pay driver. Hence, for example,
antiuser wrote:Pérez isn't a pay driver. He brought his personal sponsorship to McLaren but he receives a salary from the team
Doesn't work for me, because I don't think McLaren would have hired Perez without the Mexican money he brings. Heck, Maldonado and Gutierrez get paid too. Everyone in F1 gets paid, it's just that the money for that payment comes from some other sponsorship.
pics of new Aston?

raymondu999

Hah. That's a topic for a different thread mate :wink:
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Steven
Owner

This isn't going to end up anyway.
It's nitpicking, we all know what Massa tried to explain.