idea for prizemoney

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Daliracing

idea for prizemoney

There are a lot of paydrivers and it isn't that good for the sport. so i came up with an idea. why don't give the drivers prizemoney for there team? so the higher a driver ends in the WDC the more money he gets for his team. this would be nice because then the talented drivers will have a little advantage. feel free to comment on this post.

astracrazy

Re: idea for prizemoney

Teams get their own prize money and commercial revenue. The higher the team finishes the more money they get

I'm not sure drivers get prize money from the fia? Isn't it in there contracts what they get per point, win or position etc etc. Which is usually structured around a % of the teams prize money.

Even with your idea you would still get pay drivers. A paid driver brings a big sponsor which attracts the teams attention (it would be worth more)

Daliracing

never thought like that about it you're right

tuj
tuj

while that's fine for prize money, what would really help the sport is to give an inverse number of testing days to the teams based on their team scores. Ie. if you score zero points, you get maximum testing days for next season. If you win the championship, that team gets the minimum number of testing days.

Jersey Tom

Daliracing wrote:There are a lot of paydrivers and it isn't that good for the sport.
Why not? What if the alternative was that you'd have fewer teams and drivers - a shrinking field? Would that be better or worse?
Grip is a four letter word. All opinions are my own and not those of current or previous employers.

Daliracing

Jersey Tom wrote:
Daliracing wrote:There are a lot of paydrivers and it isn't that good for the sport.
Why not? What if the alternative was that you'd have fewer teams and drivers - a shrinking field? Would that be better or worse?

the reason i said it is because talented drivers struggle to get a seat in F1 and i think thats sad. i don't want a shrinking field.

Manoah2u

how are they struggling. it's all in the eye of the beholder. Maldonado is a gp-winner and front qualifier. That's a fact.
Hulkenberg qualified once a p1 in a williams, too. didn't win a single GP tho. Could one then say Maldonado might be
better? perhaps. Look at perez. He is able to perform good and has raw speed. I think he and Hulkenberg aren't too
far off. But Perez can take some dozen million in sponsorship, where hulk can't. Does that make Perez better? Perhaps.
Is hulk better than sutil? is he better than nick heidfeld? Christian Klien? Kamui Kobayashi? Is he better then Romain?
Grosjean ended not too far off kimi's final results, and kimi had some races off, but romain lacked from 'feeling' the
car at the 1st season part. How about petrov? he did podiums and show way more potential then anybody anticipated.
where's he? Apart from the general consensus that Piquet Jr. is a d*ck (like his dad), one might wonder, what if he'd
been in this years lotus? Are all these drivers talented? are they not?

The truth is: Vettel gets a seat in topteam. Button gets seat in topteam .
Hamilton and Rosberg in Mercedes. Alonso and Kimi in Ferrari. So to be honest, what supposedly 'talented' drivers are
struggling to get a seat?

By what number does one 'grade' drivers 'talent'?

It's like suddenly, every GP2 frontrunner, every GP3 frontrunner and every Formula Renault 3.5 front-runner is a 'talent'
worthy to get a F1 seat. Well, logically, then there's not enough place in F1.

Apart from that, Kovalainen never has been concidered Hamilton or Vettel level material. But to be honest, i've been expecting way more then his final 2 race results. Did he show a lack of talent? Would valsecchi have done better? Would hulk have done better? Hell, when massa headbanged a piece of steel a while back, Luca Badoer fumbled and then a Near-gp-winner in a Force India Giancarlo Fisichella didn't make too much of it either in that Ferrari.

Maybe some drivers are just rated too high because there are some drivers around that really aren't that special at all.

I tend to think Hulk is way overexagerated. He's not bad at all, but really, people defend him like he's some 2nd Vettel or Schumacher. IMHO, i see a person just as grey as Nick Heidfeld and Christian Klien or Timo Glock or Alexander Wurz.

It's not like the entire f1 field ever was filled with the BEST talents ever that can provide the best. Never has been, never will.

Offcourse would be fun to see some like that.

Schumacher, Vettel, Hamilton, Button, Barrichello, Hill, Villeneuve, Montoya, Alonso, Raikkonen, Coulthard,
Hakkinnen, Massa, Alesi, Webber. but that's not really realistic.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Richard

We've a few threads on a similar topic, but it will cause too much mess to merge this one into the others.

Lets continue over here :arrow: http://www.f1technical.net/forum/viewto ... ead#unread