Williams and Bin laden....what about this?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Manoah2u

Williams and Bin laden....what about this?

Hey guys I came across an article which i found interesting. has this been discussed before?

http://www.research-racing.de/terrorism.htm

ImageImage

i kinda feel it's far-fetched and i don't really see the link being made sounding legit - i do imagine if bin laden's dad did
have that oil wealthyness and a company, it's not that weird that they get some sponsorship. After all, 2001 was quite
a hefty amount of years later, so i don't think terrorism is a link to be made there.

however, it's still an interesting read and i was wondering what the thoughts are on this.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

bhall

Re: Williams and Bin laden....what about this?

This is gonna be great!

gridwalker

The Bin Laden family are some of Saudi Arabia's wealthiest investors. Hell, through their holdings in the Carlyle Group, they were business partners of both the Bush family AND former British PM John Major at the time of 9/11 (http://www.economist.com/node/1875084). The Bin Laden's construction company helped build former US bases in Saudi Arabia ... their money gets everywhere.

Crying "terrorism" because a family name appears on a car 20 years before a "rogue element" of that family perpetrates a heinous act of violence is tin-foil-hattery at its finest.
"Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine ..."

xpensive

And what else is new...yes, Monthy Pyton is reuniting!
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

Richard

Yup, the Bin Laden family control a large property/construction/oil portfolio. Anyone operating in those sectors in Saudi and other parts of the Arabian peninsula would struggle to not be doing business with them.

Of coarse I'm biased because my firm does a lot of rather profitable work with them. Oh, and a member on here accused me of being part of the 9/11 conspiracy due to my engineering knowledge of that event. #-o

So its no surprise that I'll lock this thread to protect fellow Illuminati. :evil: