2014 Predictions

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Jonnycraig

Re: 2014 Predictions

FoxHound wrote:
Daliracing wrote:i think redbull wil be strong. if they lose i think i will be partly because of engine failures
A bit harsh given Newey's stringent packaging requirements.
I believe Renault will provide a competitive power unit it's up to the team how they want to package it.
If it is compromised because of some new development
that makes the car faster then that is the price Red Bull pays.
Expect them to still be leaders or very near the leading pace this year.
Newey isn't going to be as extreme with the packaging IMO. KERS was basically sacrificed in the previous regs in favour of packaging, but with the new ERS being so vital, they can't afford to sacrifice it. KERS failure was a nuisance, ERS failure will be terminal.

Manoah2u

didn't we already have a topic like this?

edit; yes we did.

http://www.f1technical.net/forum/viewto ... =1&t=15894

why make another one with exactly the same thought? :roll:
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Del Boy

Gridlock wrote:Bottas & Williams do the double.

(Sorry, but the truth - "Vettel & RBR" - is too dull)
That's 250-1 and 50-1 a pound wins you £12,800. I hope you put a pound on it.

However Vettal and RBR a pound wins £4.03

Shrieker

Hamilton for most poles. He'll do very well over a single lap with a torquey engine and low downforce. Add to that you don't have to worry about fuel efficiency and engine/tyre preservation on saturdays.

Race day will be a whole different matter tho. The driver for example who manages to get away with minimal wheel spin and still post reasonably quick lap times will have the advantage. It seems to me Hamilton isn't the best when it comes to these things but I'd be glad if he made me eat my words.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

eniacon

Shrieker wrote:Hamilton for most poles. He'll do very well over a single lap with a torquey engine and low downforce. Add to that you don't have to worry about fuel efficiency and engine/tyre preservation on saturdays.
Is the 6 sets of dry tyres for the weekend rule not still in use in 2014? Might be similar to last season where half if the q3 runners saved a set by running once in q3. I agree with Hamilton for most poles, but tyre preservation being a smaller factor is another matter.

Gridlock

I kinda want Ferrari to be dominant, just because I haven't seen Alonso smile since about 2007...

Blackout

WCC
Life
Footwork
Marussia
Vettel
Mclaren
Brabham
Mercedes

WDC
Trulli
Piquet
Piquet
Raikkonen
Baumgartner
Vergne

Manoah2u

Blackout wrote:WCC
Life
Footwork
Marussia
Vettel
Mclaren
Brabham
Mercedes

WDC
Trulli
Piquet
Piquet
Raikkonen
Baumgartner
Vergne
eh what?
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

KingHamilton01

Del Boy wrote:
Gridlock wrote:Bottas & Williams do the double.

(Sorry, but the truth - "Vettel & RBR" - is too dull)
That's 250-1 and 50-1 a pound wins you £12,800. I hope you put a pound on it.

However Vettal and RBR a pound wins £4.03
Im going to bet on Vettel winning the title, then i'll be happy if he doesn't, happy if he does!
McLaren Mercedes