What is that smell at a Formula 1 race ?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
BanMeToo

Re: What is that smell at a Formula 1 race ?

KurtTank wrote:I've read more than once that the fuel they use in the F1 cars is very similar to unleaded premium fuel we put in our daily drivers.
My understanding is that this is more a party line than the truth.

AnthonyG

BanMeToo wrote:
KurtTank wrote:I've read more than once that the fuel they use in the F1 cars is very similar to unleaded premium fuel we put in our daily drivers.
My understanding is that this is more a party line than the truth.
Even so, you can't compare the smell of a car with cats to a car without them.
This combined with a higher temprature in and arround the engine must give that special smell I think.
Thank you really doesn't really describe enough what I feel. - Vettel

Callum

It's usually the tyres and hot brakes :)

Moxie

If you smell it near the paddocks it is probably the smell of lube and burning rubber. If you smell it in the vicinity of Kimi's trailer it is probably the smell of lube and burning rubber.

Manoah2u

Moxie wrote:If you smell it near the paddocks it is probably the smell of lube and burning rubber. If you smell it in the vicinity of Kimi's trailer it is probably the smell of lube and burning rubber.
:lol: :lol:
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"