Thoughts on a circuit in the desert of Algeria?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
archi.moumouh1

Thoughts on a circuit in the desert of Algeria?

HELLO FRIEND :)
I want your opinions what do you think to integrate a circuit F1 in the desert of Algeria. :?:

if we have:
cites a tourist.
rich water resources
a dry climate.
................................ a great landscape , International Airport .

( DJANET ) ILLIZI ALGERIA . 8)

https://www.google.fr/search?q=situatio ... d=0CCwQsAQ
Last edited by Richard on 03 Feb 2014, 11:48, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Split into seperate topic. Valid question, despite bad English

PlatinumZealot

Re: Thouhts on a circuit in the desert of Algeria?

What would set it apart from the other two desert races? And do we need another desert race?
๐Ÿ–๏ธโœŒ๏ธโ˜๏ธ๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘Œโœ๏ธ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ™

archi.moumouh1

thank you brother but i want just the opinions ( if i can chose this type of environment ) you can see the site in the link *google*
thank you in advance .

wesley123

I see no reason why an country that isn't exactly flush with money would want to build an circuit. There is no money to be made from it and tourism also is rather doubtful since few people(my guess) are able to afford an ticket to go there. All it would cause is a nice landmark no one ever uses that costs lots of money to keep clean just so that 22 cars can drive the circuit for 3 days in a year.

If it would have been an investment for 30 or 40 years, then it possibly would have been a valuable investment. Sadly it is not the case and it will most likely only be used for a few years before F1 has got a better deal somewhere else. after which no one will use it anymore.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

archi.moumouh1

thank you first , Algeria did not have a problem or crisis money.
Secondly, I put this idea just to have opinions on climatic conditions and Constrain transport more fair proposal affects me, not the state
thank you for being understanding. I'm talking about the siting

piast9

Do Algeria have some motorsport? The track would be a huge loss of money if it stood empty for whole year except for F1 events. Are there people who would attend races? Again - if not the track would be a loss of money.

archi.moumouh1

My friend, I want your opinion on the choice of land only, please

mep

No.
F1 races or track racing in general in a desert environment are rather boring. If you want to do some motorsport in an desert environment then go for rally.

RZS10

A Formula 1 race in such a landscape would be epic, of course ... Star Wars Podrace anyone? :D

But realistically, no.
Most F1 fans would rather prefer some european classics to come back, i guess.

archi.moumouh1

ok
I want to do a survey on this field
because I am a student and I want to offer this ground for implementation of a f1 circuit (this is just for educational besion).

thank you thank you very much friends . =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

AnthonyG

Is Algeria a safe country?
Thank you really doesn't really describe enough what I feel. - Vettel

AnthonyG

I once started planning roadtrips trough Northern Africa and Algeria became an instant no-go for me.

http://www.lonelyplanet.com/algeria
Thank you really doesn't really describe enough what I feel. - Vettel

mep

As I say doing a Rally there is epic but a F1 track is build in the flat area so it would be super boring.
As AntonyG pointed out western governments give out clear warnings about the safety in Algeria. So forget about all F1 plans before you have not sorted issues of western tourists getting hijacked and killed. This problems in some counties are affecting other Arab countries as well which are perfectly save and beautiful to travel.

henra

archi.moumouh1 wrote:ok
I want to do a survey on this field
because I am a student and I want to offer this ground for implementation of a f1 circuit (this is just for educational besion).
If you're doing an honest, scientific study and not an idle study of a local motorsport fan, the conclusion of your study almost inevitably has to be that it is not a good idea.

As others have already pointed out, F1 tends to eat the grass and then move on to the next pasture.
That is OK for all participants if the grass grows all by itself. But it is really unfortunate for those who had to go to great lengths in order for the grass to grow. Just to see it eaten and then the herd moves on.
Or in more direct terms: If the track can live by itself even without F1 (because there are so many other races and events and you have a huge wealthy population close by) then it might be an OK idea.
If not, you're going to sink a three digit Million Dollars for some asphalt in the desert which in its Lifetime sees two F1 races and then is handed back to Mother Nature.
There are better ways to waste your Money. :mrgreen:

Edit: And from a (Non- Algerian) perspective: I don't need another Desert race (When FIA is done with the Circuit there won't be much desert anyway, just lots of Concrete and Asphalt) in an artifical Tilke Drome. Rather give me one of the old classics with unpredictable Weather and Up/Downhill (hard to beat Spa).