F1T FantasyF1League 2014

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Maelstrom

Re: F1T FantasyF1League 2014

One thing I'm confused about though... do you have to choose a chassis and engine to get points (as was the case last year) or can you just select two drivers and get an engine and chassis later on?

acosmichippo

Steven wrote:Obviously, last year's http://fantasyf1league.com/ is out of the question, as it's not updated anymore, and it also appears like the game is for sale.

Can anybody remind me what is so good about f1manager.info?
I registered and played around on it earlier, but the team selection UI is tedious as hell. I gave up.

For me, the next best fantasy site is http://f1fantasy.udt.co.za; here are some reasons why I like it:

• Like FantasyF1League, the asset values do change throughout the season, but they only get updated every three races, so the knee-jerk value changes after a driver DNF should be limited.
  • The scoring system looks very similar to FantasyF1League.
  • Instead of one transfer per race, you get 20 total transfers, limited to 3 per race. That works out to roughly 1 transfer per race, but you can use up to three if you need to change more assets (like you might want to at the beginning of the season).
  • Unlike FantasyF1League, there is NO income other than the changes in value of your team assets. You get no race income, and there is no betting.
  • Instead of a "Talent" driver, you choose a team "Captain" who earns double points, which can be anyone on your team, regardless of value.
  • The team management UI is very nice. Sortable tables, with relevant stats readily available.

I've joined up there and started an F1 Technical league. If people want to join me, great, if not, no biggie. Here is the league info:

League name: F1 Technical
League code: V6turbo
Last edited by acosmichippo on 05 Mar 2014, 12:58, edited 2 times in total.

acosmichippo

ok, i think I found the issue. Instead of typing in the League name, you type in the "code", "V6turbo" in this case. Like this:

Then the F1 Technical league should appear in "my leagues" column on the left.

pob

Steven
Owner

ESPImperium wrote:
ben_watkins wrote:ESPImperium has set up a new league at the previously excellent f1manager.info

http://www.f1manager.info/ranking/3692
Password: f1technical.net

Enjoy!
I'll be joining this one. No need or time to look for anything else.

MOWOG

I have joined both leagues, although I like the Fantasy F1 format far better than the F1Manager game. F1Manager forces you to pick through the bottom of the barrel at first while FantasyF1 allows you to assemble a real team with a possibility of scoring some actual points right from the beginning.

Of course, for that to happen, SOMEONE will have to actually finish the races this year. :P
Some men go crazy; some men go slow. Some men go just where they want; some men never go.

Darknight

This is to remind that if you want in on joining an F1 League for 2014 that today is probably your last day to regisiter. Myself and over 20 others have joined http://www.f1manager.info/ranking/3692 . Password: f1technical.net

Steven
Owner

I just joined, but I presume almost everybody has the same initial team due to the very limited budget we have.
On a sidenote, the interface kind of sucks. Haven't found how points are scored, nor can I find a link to the leagues I've joined.

kishigae

Darknight wrote:This is to remind that if you want in on joining an F1 League for 2014 that today is probably your last day to regisiter. Myself and over 20 others have joined http://www.f1manager.info/ranking/3692 . Password: f1technical.net
I will joining this one as well. Scoring is very similar amongst players in the first couple of races, but with additional funds in following races, slight changes can make a big difference.

SiLo

Does anyone know how the transfer system works? I tried to upgrade Chassis from Caterham to Marussia (Cost 2mil) and I have 3.1mil in the bank, yet it says I cannot afford it?
Felipe Baby!

Maelstrom

This years fantasy league pretty much sucks... The budget is increasing at so slow a pace that I haven't been able to make any changes the past two races.

Plus they don't really change the prices/values of the drivers/chassis/teams... and that's a big nuisance.

acosmichippo

Maelstrom wrote:This years fantasy league pretty much sucks... The budget is increasing at so slow a pace that I haven't been able to make any changes the past two races.

Plus they don't really change the prices/values of the drivers/chassis/teams... and that's a big nuisance.
which fantasy site are you using? I'm liking f1fantasy.udt.co.za pretty well. It only updates asset values every three races, which I actually prefer. The fantasy site I used the past few years updated after every race and they always severely overreacted to DNF's and freak podiums like Perez with Sauber and Maldonado with Williams.

I've been able to upgrade my team to

Drivers: HAM, ROS, RIC, ALO, PER, and CHI
Const: Williams and Force India

Maelstrom

acosmichippo wrote:
Maelstrom wrote:This years fantasy league pretty much sucks... The budget is increasing at so slow a pace that I haven't been able to make any changes the past two races.

which fantasy site are you using? I'm liking f1fantasy.udt.co.za pretty well. It only updates asset values every three races, which I actually prefer. The fantasy site I used the past few years updated after every race and they always severely overreacted to DNF's and freak podiums like Perez with Sauber and Maldonado with Williams.

I've been able to upgrade my team to

Drivers: HAM, ROS, RIC, ALO, PER, and CHI
Const: Williams and Force India
I'm talking about the f1fantasy one... the one where most of the forum has joined.

SiLo

Mine still hasn't updated after Bahrain...
Felipe Baby!

Maelstrom

f1fantasy finally updated Bahrain points.