What driver will take Pole Position in Melbourne?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.

What driver will take Pole Position in Melbourne?

Sebastian Vettel
4%
Daniel Ricciardo
No votes
Lewis Hamilton
50%
Nico Rosberg
19%
Fernando Alonso
8%
Kimi Raikkonen
4%
Romain Grosjean
2%
Pastor Maldonado
1%
Jenson Button
4%
Kevin Magnussen
8%

Total votes: 212

Artur Craft

Re: What driver will take Pole Position in Melbourne?

raymondu999 wrote: Aus Q1 and Q2 was on inters - then they moved to slicks for Q3
oh ok, thanks!

Hopefully doesn't rain in this year's qualifying because otherwise I'll change my pick

Gerhard Berger
Gerhard Berger

SectorOne wrote:Vettel will smash Ricciardo i think. In Qualifying it will be such an eye-opener we will witness the Daniel-smile slowly by surely go away as he turns into a grumpy Webber.

If you are gonna beat Vettel in Qualifying over a year you better bring a phenom. Like Hamilton or Maldonado (on his really good days)
I actually think Vettel will have more of an advantage in the race than in qualifying. Ricciardo has shown his strength lies in qualifying.

And Webber matched Vettel in qualifying in 2012 (9-9), and i would not say Webber is anywhere close to being a phenom.

turbof1

I voted for Hamilton, but it's close with Rosberg. Both are excellent drivers.

Vettel might dissapoint.When he has a car on rails, he's unbeatable. When he has a struggling car, he's still good but he looses his edge he has at others.
#AeroFrodo

Phil

I agree, this is going to be very tricky. I think the numbers also show that Rosberg has had quite a bit more laps in the W05 so far too, so I wouldn't be surprised to see a similar scenario like Melbourne 2013 where Nico was on top until Hamilton pulled some magic out of nowhere and beat him against all odds. The Hamilton fan in me would like to think it's going to be Lewis handsdown, but I think he'll have quite a battle on his hands this year.
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

el-Magico
el-Magico

without a doubt Alonso.. mark my words.
Regarding the Mercedes;
Here in the Netherlands we have a saying.. "don't sell the bear, before you have shot it" :wink: :lol:
Quote of the year: "almost as sickening as the Velcro fluff under Lewis' cap..."

Crabbia
Crabbia

Whats interesting about this pole is the perceptions of teammate vs teammate for qualifying.

Freddy six tenths > beats kimi. (not sure if i agree with the hive mind here)
Hamilton > Rosberg (hamilton is a beast in qualy, agree here).
Button < Magnussen (Surprising, do people think MAG is that highly rated or is it that Button just crap over one lap?)
Lotus drivers are tied.
Ricciardo gets no love. (At all. like a redneck stepchild)
A wise man once told me you cant polish a turd...

PlatinumZealot

Every wise F-1 fan knows to NEVER discount Lewis Hamilton in a pole position battle.

🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Artur Craft

Tbh, if he doesn't have the fastest car, or anything near it, I discount Hamilton every time for pole position. Or any other driver for that matter, actually.

zeph
zeph

Mercedes front row, Rosberg before Hamilton, but Raikkonen wins the race with Hamilton 2nd, Button 3rd and Rosberg 4th.

Alonso wins the WDC.

(Hey, just my guess)...

SectorOne

Would be quite funny if RB sorts out their ---, everyone realizes it´s still the best car and Vettel puits it on pole with about a second clear of everyone else. Hello 2014...

I´d probably stab myself if it happens.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

Helios

SectorOne wrote:
+1

Emerson.F
Emerson.F

Nico and Lewis will be close this year. But Lewis for Pole in Melbourne.
Supporting: Ham/Alo/Kimi/Ros/Seb/Hulk/Ric/Mag

prince
prince

SectorOne wrote:Would be quite funny if RB sorts out their ---, everyone realizes it´s still the best car and Vettel puits it on pole with about a second clear of everyone else. Hello 2014...

Way too optimistic to be thinking that way. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Never say Never....

beelsebob
beelsebob

prince wrote:
SectorOne wrote:Would be quite funny if RB sorts out their ---, everyone realizes it´s still the best car and Vettel puits it on pole with about a second clear of everyone else. Hello 2014...

Way too optimistic to be thinking that way. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Never say Never....
That's in no way optimistic. If that happens, it means that RBR's car is so good that with near 0 set up work it manages to out perform every other car on the grid that's been tested for several weeks. The implication of that would be that the RBR would be a truly dominant car on a scale greater even than the RB7, and that would be good for no one - we'd get the single most boring F1 season since McLaren's dominance in the late 80s.

smr
smr

Let's not forget that Jenson actually set a faster time in testing so far than KM...

KM's fastest time was set on the super softs and Jenson's was on the softs, if Jenson had been on the supersofts he would have set a quicker time than KM.

However I do understand that all these comments about KM are based on the media stories about him being insanely quick over one lap.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Jenson take pole in Melbourne as long as the Mclaren is quick.