How Many Finishers in Melbourne?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.

How many classified cars at the end of Melbourne?

Poll ended at 08 Mar 2014, 14:27

Fewer than 6
4%
6 to 10
19%
11-12
24%
13-14
28%
8%
7%
4%
5%
19-20
1%
21-22
0%

Total votes: 209

Pebblestone

Re: How Many Finishers in Melbourne?

Here's a pessimistic prediction #-o

Every car may retire in Melbourne - (Roberto Dalla from Magneti Marelli)
Source: http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/every ... -supplier/

I'm hoping we get to see a few more cars crossing the line than his estimate :lol:
The ingredients for the recipe of success shall be added in the following order: Attitude, Aptitude and Altitude. Inversions to the prescribe order could seriously prevent altitude from happening, therefore giving a sour taste to the mix.

bauc

Pebblestone wrote:Here's a pessimistic prediction #-o

Every car may retire in Melbourne - (Roberto Dalla from Magneti Marelli)
Source: http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/every ... -supplier/

I'm hoping we get to see a few more cars crossing the line than his estimate :lol:
LOL - Well there is first time for everything right? :) But I really don't believe this can happen, as the lap times will drop as slow as possible only to finish so .... I'm still thinking 11-13 cars will finish the race
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

SamH123

Sporting Index, a big spread betting company, reckons 12.7 - 13.7 finishers
I reckon that's about right personally

Although, if it is wet on Sunday, do we reckon a lot of drivers will bin it? I remember reading that on corner exit this year, it's a little like driving in the wet when it's dry, because of the extra power available relative to grip so when it is actually a wet track, how hard is it going to be...

Gridlock

bauc wrote:But I really don't believe this can happen, as the lap times will drop as slow as possible only to finish so .... I'm still thinking 11-13 cars will finish the race
I guess if you haven't done 90% by the 2h, you're not classified - so very possible.

Definitely should have included "Indy 2005" as an option. It could be that bad - not likely, but possible...

How many starters at Melbourne could be equally interesting.

dave34m

How many finishers, as we say in New Zealand, not many, if any.

Gridlock

http://adamcooperf1.com/2014/03/13/whit ... rs-retire/
When asked today FIA race director Charlie Whiting said that he will stop the race if there are no cars running.
:lol:

oT v1

they should be allowed to finish on foot :D as long as they're holding part of the car
The Power of Dreams

Gridlock

For posterity, 28% picked correctly at 13. Nicely enough this remains true if you ignore RIC's DSQ, as the option was "13-14".

47% of us underestimated the F1 teams, arguably as usual ;)

JimClarkFan

Gridlock wrote:For posterity, 28% picked correctly at 13. Nicely enough this remains true if you ignore RIC's DSQ, as the option was "13-14".

47% of us underestimated the F1 teams, arguably as usual ;)
I am going to leave my job and start sports better.

I got both the pole position sitter, the number of finishers, and even got the race winner correct (although that was lucky guess rather than an educated guess).... go me :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Does anyone know what I would have won if I would have won if I had placed a £1 bet?