Helmets 2014

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
George-Jung

Re: Helmets 2014

thomin wrote:Vettel's gladiator helmet is pretty badass IMHO. It only works because the sponsors have been incorporated so well, but also the small details like hinges, etc.
I agree, if i wouldn't know better, i would believe it is made out of metal.. Great paint work!

krisfx

It's a shame that Vettel's spolier is not that great, are the gains from it that high?

idfx

Holm86 wrote:
idfx wrote:Nice tribute to Ronnie Peterson.
Also pretty cool that the leather bag is Peterson's actual helmet bag.
https://twitter.com/JennieGow/status/469395256946196480
Fantastic. This bag looks great.
----------

gray41

Jonesy79 wrote:
gray41 wrote:http://origincache-ash.fbcdn.net/104130 ... 8584_n.jpg

Really wish Lewis didn't have the new green petronas logo on his helmet. :|
Same I think it looks awful, but so does the Monster logo...although I think it looks awful on everything

I thought everything about this seasons white helmet had made the best out of a bunch of bad sponsors situation, like the incorporation of the monster logo into the red stripes on the side, even keeping the zylon strip white with blank petronas, now he has an extra colour that doesn't even help petronas stand out.

I'm hoping it's only a 1gp thing, with the increased petronas just because it's Monaco.
Lewis Hamilton #44
Poles: *****
Wins: ***

siskue2005

gray41 wrote: I'm hoping it's only a 1gp thing, with the increased petronas just because it's Monaco.
I don't think so, coz their race suit color scheme is also different....I think this is going to stay
FoxHound wrote:Mercedes have tied up Petronas in a "multi year" deal this morning.

http://www.espn.co.uk/f1/motorsport/story/159641.html
Maybe this has to do with the new color scheme

gray41

Jensons helmet for silverstone.
Lewis Hamilton #44

gray41

Lewis Hamilton #44

SilverArrow10

Now that's a nice design!!
"Leave it to Lewis Hamilton to ruin Redbull's day" - Martin Brundle

"Ok Lewis, Its Hammertime!!" - Peter Bonnington

"Fresh tires, 15 laps. What do you think Lewis Hamilton is going to do?" - Martin Brundle

Morteza

Vettel's helmet for German Grand Prix

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

SectorOne

I´m quite curious as to why Hamilton is not running the iconic yellow helmet anymore.
Does anyone know why?
A shame really because the color yellow always reminds me of Senna and it´s sort of a trademark for Hamilton as well.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

Morteza

SectorOne wrote:I´m quite curious as to why Hamilton is not running the iconic yellow helmet anymore.
Does anyone know why?
A shame really because the color yellow always reminds me of Senna and it´s sort of a trademark for Hamilton as well.
I don't really know. He was talking with Peter Windsor, I guess, explaining to him how he every winter sits down and comes up with new designs for his helmets. This year he is wearing all white. His helmet, racing gloves and racing shoes are all white. Last year If I remember correctly he was wearing his yellow helmet with black racing gloves and black racing shoes.
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

SectorOne

Hmm ok, i guess the difference is that all those previous years the color was yellow even if the design of the helmet changed from year to year.
(apart from the special occasion helmets he tended to run)

Maybe it´s a mental reset thing or something, going all white like a blank paper.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

diego1960

Thank god, this Senna infatuation was becoming too much for me. Even if he says that he chose "yellow" so his father could identify him on track from the go-cart era. White looks awesome, now if he could only make the design a little simpler it would be better.
"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose." - Ayrton Senna

gray41

Talk that Lewis will be returning to his yellow helmet for the second half of 2014.
Lewis Hamilton #44

Morteza

gray41 wrote:Talk that Lewis will be returning to his yellow helmet for the second half of 2014.
I guess he asked his fans on Facebook about whether to keep the white or go back to yellow, right?