Who designed the Ferrari F14 T?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
malhar

Who designed the Ferrari F14 T?

Is Rory Byrne involved in designing F14T ?? As per the site's data Rory isn't involved but wikipedia says its all Rory . Answer please :wink:
Last edited by Steven on 06 Mar 2014, 01:05, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated thread title

rich1701

Re: Ferrari F14T design team . Who has designed F14T ? Is Ro

Ferrari said Byrne, who has been working on road car projects as a consultant, would provide "operational support" to the design team.

At the launch of this year's F1 car on 1 February, he told the German magazine Auto Motor und Sport that he was working "full steam ahead" on the 2014 car.

His presence does not change the normal Ferrari design structure and he has no official title.

Ferrari describe him as "an extra pair of hands and eyes, if you like".

Byrne is working as part of a team led by chief designer Nikolas Tombazis under technical director Pat Fry. The co-ordinator of the 2014 car under Tombazis is Italian Fabio Montecchi.

Source:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula-one/21411177

malhar

but if you see wikipedia they say that designer is Rory Byrne . I was on cloud 9 when I heard that because of his history . Anyways thanks

Tim.Wright

Not the engineer at Force India

donskar

Wikipedia is NOT a trustworthy source of info.
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill

Manoah2u

donskar wrote:Wikipedia is NOT a trustworthy source of info.
indeed. still, that doesn't mean they are without factual articles.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

zeph

Re: Who designed the Ferrari F14 T?

Wikipedia's scientific entries are usually correct, as they are all peer-reviewed. Stuff like this (who designed the FerrariF14T) is information typically entered by fans, and only referenced by others with similar interests. If you want to know the facts about a country, a historical figure/event, a scientific process or the size of the galaxy, you can rest assured that Wikipedia's information is solid.

If you want to know about a celebrity, it can be hit and miss. The best thing about Wikipedia is: if you see a mistake, you can go ahead and edit it. I do that. Since it has not occurred to anybody else, I'll go ahead and correct the Rory Byrne error.

Full disclosure: I occasionally donate to the Wikipedia foundation.

mnmracer

I take it if the F14t is indeed designed by Byrne, any victories and championships by Alonso and Räïkkönen will be put down as "yeah, in a Byrne designed rocketship"?

Gerhard Berger

mnmracer wrote:I take it if the F14t is indeed designed by Byrne, any victories and championships by Alonso and Räïkkönen will be put down as "yeah, in a Byrne designed rocketship"?
It's not designed by Byrne...

But hey, don't let that stop you.

FrukostScones

At least the nose has to be a work of Colani.
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

CBeck113

Re: AW: Who designed the Ferrari F14 T?

FrukostScones wrote:At least the nose has to be a work of Colani.
Or Dyson...
“Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony!” Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Sombrero

Or Dyson...
Gilmore Special !