Azerbaijan? Really??

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
wesley123
wesley123

Re: Azerbaijan? Really??

Big Mangalhit wrote:
wesley123 wrote:Oh, a very long straight, a few 90 degree corners, a chicane and a slower tight section, haven't seen that before...
Agreed, there is no loop, no crossing of a lake, no dirt section and worse of all no final jump over a grand stand. disappointing as usual
Nice sarcasm
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

ChrisDanger
ChrisDanger

wesley123 wrote:
Big Mangalhit wrote:
wesley123 wrote:Oh, a very long straight, a few 90 degree corners, a chicane and a slower tight section, haven't seen that before...
Agreed, there is no loop, no crossing of a lake, no dirt section and worse of all no final jump over a grand stand. disappointing as usual
Nice sarcasm
Yeah, I don't like it either. Is that a crime?

I also thought the idea of the Circuit of the Americas was dumb, being a track composed of borrowed, "famous" corners. But it actually makes a decent circuit. The Baku layout is crap (IMO) although the surrounding architecture gives it a nice atmosphere (IMO).

BanMeToo
BanMeToo

I was amused by his post.

But I do agree with this
ChrisDanger wrote:The Baku layout is crap (IMO) although the surrounding architecture gives it a nice atmosphere (IMO).

SectorOne

The last section of corners looks like they could be properly insane in 2017.
A little Becketts/Maggotts complex vibes from what i can see.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

a1b2i3r45

Cuky wrote:Onboard lap at Baku.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQgAET0KczI
Sequence through turn 8-11 looks really tricky. Why did not they put any safety barriers around the tower, it can be dangerous in wet conditions.

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

That circuit is so Mickey Mouse that I'm surprised Disney haven't sued them... :roll:

Hopefully I can find some coverage of Le Mans that weekend.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

FrukostScones

Just_a_fan wrote:That circuit is so Mickey Mouse that I'm surprised Disney haven't sued them... :roll:

Hopefully I can find some coverage of Le Mans that weekend.
Micky Mouse ???

That track is a deathtrap!
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

BanMeToo
BanMeToo

Yea the last sector looks absurd, the speeds they will be doing there.... and the tower! The track is going to be 2M wide by the time they put a safety barrier in front of it.

Gaz.
Gaz.

BanMeToo wrote:Yea the last sector looks absurd, the speeds they will be doing there.... and the tower! The track is going to be 2M wide by the time they put a safety barrier in front of it.
I didn't notice the tower on my first viewing... might sell Max Verstappen from my FantasyFormula1 team for that weekend.

That tower has to have some Tecpro around it surely? How on earth does that corner meet FIA grade 1 when Tamburello, Curva Grande and Peraltada do not?
Forza Jules

FW17

Don't see how the tower area is different from this

SR71

a1b2i3r45 wrote:
Cuky wrote:Onboard lap at Baku.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQgAET0KczI
Sequence through turn 8-11 looks really tricky. Why did not they put any safety barriers around the tower, it can be dangerous in wet conditions.

http://i.imgur.com/CyqSQjU.jpg?1
They didnt put safety barriers all over the track. It's not complete.... That was clear in the video right?

SR71

What do you have against street circuits? Do you not like seeing F1 cars in that environment or something?

You know its impossible to design a street circuit that's doesnt have 70-80% of what you described above?

GrayGreat
GrayGreat

Finally we will be watching dangerous F1 driving and drivers taking risks I say. Many of us here miss that don't we?

BanMeToo
BanMeToo

FW17 wrote:Don't see how the tower area is different from this

http://f1destinations.com/wp-content/up ... airpin.jpg
I suppose that's fair. The tower area will be pretty low speed until you get into turn 10 & 11, at which point you're well past the building.

a1b2i3r45

FW17 wrote:Don't see how the tower area is different from this

http://f1destinations.com/wp-content/up ... airpin.jpg
If they do not put a barrier in front of the tower, they it is barely a corner (turn 10) and the closer you get to the tower the more flat out you will be.
I cant understand how do you compare baku's turn 9,10 to monaco's turn 6.
Last edited by a1b2i3r45 on 04 Jun 2016, 00:17, edited 1 time in total.