Caption Competition

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
MOWOG

Re: Caption Competition

The wall is quite far away. This is not necessary. I never seen anyone crash badly there.
That is so. However, the gravel trap would ensnare hapless drivers who put a wheel wrong during the race, thus ending their drive abruptly. Now they will be able to push harder in the Parabolica without fear that they will be caught in the kitty litter.

In other words, it's like adding extra room as La Rascasse in Monaco. The corner is the same but the consequences of getting it wrong have been altered dramatically. #-o
Some men go crazy; some men go slow. Some men go just where they want; some men never go.

beelsebob

The wall is quite far away. This is not necessary. I never seen anyone crash badly there.
Put simply - you've not watched monza enough times then. It's fairly common to have serious crashes at the entrance to Parabolica.

oT v1

beelsebob wrote:
Put simply - you've not watched monza enough times then. It's fairly common to have serious crashes at the entrance to Parabolica.
Probably a few tucked front wings in there though :p

But overall i agree, i'm more of a bike fan, WSBK bikes, riderless, usually make it to the fence (or up over the fence sometimes) riders not. I think they should keep a couple of metres of gravel or grass to keep drivers on their toes. Its clear Bernie is making changes so all the advertising boards come home in one piece, but its going a bit far just concreting over everything
The Power of Dreams

mertol

beelsebob wrote:
No it isn't. Unless a race is red flagged it is not a serious crash.

beelsebob

mertol wrote:
beelsebob wrote:
No it isn't. Unless a race is red flagged it is not a serious crash.
No.

mertol

So you like the parking lot? Maybe add a chicane just to be sure they won't break their nails?

SectorOne

"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

wesley123

SectorOne wrote:Image
"You guys already have your salary"
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

mikeerfol

Felipe, Claire kissed me faster than you, understand?

gavingav1

Frank is telling massa-"if you can actually finish a gp ,claire is all yours for one night,no question asked"
wesley123 wrote:
"You guys already have your salary"

Hail22

Someone was keen to get in early in order to have a clear view of Eau Rouge!

If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

stefan_

Oh, Pastor... you just couldn't wait one more week.
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

mikeerfol

sectionate

Last edited by sectionate on 21 Aug 2014, 15:05, edited 1 time in total.

Magoo

mikeerfol wrote:Image
Lewis Ishmael Hamilton