Full Live Timing on Windows (& F1 Legal)

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Bomber_Pilot

Re: Full Live Timing on Windows (& F1 Legal)

I paid for the app, since i can't stand to watch the race without sector times. It works ok on the phone, but bluestack still needs a lot of work (it's slow as hell and uses a lot of comp resources).

basti313
basti313

Bomber_Pilot wrote:I paid for the app, since i can't stand to watch the race without sector times. It works ok on the phone, but bluestack still needs a lot of work (it's slow as hell and uses a lot of comp resources).
For me bluestacks is slow, but not the problem in this case. The F1 app is similarly slow on my Samsung tablet and on bluestacks, whereas my telemetrics app has a clear advantage on the tablet.
Don`t russel the hamster!

univex
univex

FYI I am running two bluestacks sessions on a quite beefy desktop (Core i5 3.3Ghz with 64Gb ram and SSD) and one on a Surface Pro 2. Both are running Win8.1 Update 1 and run quite well. The app runs well too though the data feed is buggy.

anzx
anzx

http://www.reddit.com/r/formula1/commen ... load_here/

I'm using this timing app, you can download it for mac, windows or android. But still it doesn't have the sector times (only dots).

Predator

BlueStacks is complete junk. I downloaded it and uninstalled straight after. FREE timing WITH sector times and you don't have to download anything! http://f1.narezka.org/?lang=eng#

It's nothing special and doesn't have speed trap figures but it does the job.

Godius

I still have not found a properly working timing app for Mac OSX :(

MuseF1
MuseF1

Predator wrote:BlueStacks is complete junk. I downloaded it and uninstalled straight after. FREE timing WITH sector times and you don't have to download anything! http://f1.narezka.org/?lang=eng#

Is it possible to set a time delay on it so it can be synchronised with a race stream that has a ~30sec delay?

univex
univex

Not from what I can tell. The settings icon on the main screen does provide a pause play function that might do it though I have only used this for downloaded sessions during replays.

Blanchimont
Blanchimont

From http://www.pitpass.com/51226/F1-in-rare ... c-pressure
Aware of the negativity certain aspects of the free live timing app will be back in place in time for this weekend’s Bahrain Grand Prix including sector times, weather updates, lap chart and sector speeds, whilst those fans who have forked out for the paid apps can either opt for a rebate or extend their subscription into 2015.
Let's hope it's not an April fool.
Dear FIA, if you read this, please pm me for a redesign of the Technical Regulations to avoid finger nose shapes for 2016! :-)

basti313
basti313

By the way: Did anyone find the team radio screen? I only get the normal messages in the upper right corner...
Don`t russel the hamster!

Juzh

I dont buy any news releases today.

db__

Blanchimont wrote:From http://www.pitpass.com/51226/F1-in-rare ... c-pressure
Aware of the negativity certain aspects of the free live timing app will be back in place in time for this weekend’s Bahrain Grand Prix including sector times, weather updates, lap chart and sector speeds, whilst those fans who have forked out for the paid apps can either opt for a rebate or extend their subscription into 2015.
Let's hope it's not an April fool.
I'm pretty certain it is an April fool. If you actually read to the end of the article you'll see this...
Rather than contacting Formula One Digital Media however, purchasers of the app should contact their respective vendor - the iTunes App Store or Google Play - quoting APP-F1-00L
Seriously... FOM listening to the fans? Never in a month of Sunday #-o

Blanchimont
Blanchimont

Yep, i am the fool.

Page two of the article i linked to says: "F1's powers that be listen to the fans, you've got to be kidding. What do you think this is, April 1 already? Chris Balfe"

Still hoping for a return to old style live timing for desktop computers...
Dear FIA, if you read this, please pm me for a redesign of the Technical Regulations to avoid finger nose shapes for 2016! :-)

beelsebob
beelsebob

Blanchimont wrote:Yep, i am the fool.

Page two of the article i linked to says: "F1's powers that be listen to the fans, you've got to be kidding. What do you think this is, April 1 already? Chris Balfe"

Still hoping for a return to old style live timing for desktop computers...
Sorry, but unfortunately, the microtrans cat is out of the bag. There's no way they're going to put it back in now :(.

MuseF1
MuseF1

MuseF1 wrote:
Predator wrote:BlueStacks is complete junk. I downloaded it and uninstalled straight after. FREE timing WITH sector times and you don't have to download anything! http://f1.narezka.org/?lang=eng#

Is it possible to set a time delay on it so it can be synchronised with a race stream that has a ~30sec delay?
Just an update on this. You can delay the timing. But when I tried this live timing, the lap times and sectors were not updating.