Full Live Timing on Windows (& F1 Legal)

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Gridlock

Re: Full Live Timing on Windows (& F1 Legal)

Every time James Allen runs a story, sorry, advertorial for Tata Comms it bugs the hell out of me that every single timing app I've ever tried is around 20s out of step with the TV feed, rendering driver trackers etc useless.

It's 2014! You're in the "mass entertainment" business! Pull your finger out FOM.

gray41

I haven't needed to use it yet but is there radio commentary on the F1 app to go alongside the live driver tracker?
Lewis Hamilton #44
Poles: *****
Wins: ***

Predator

MuseF1 wrote:
Just an update on this. You can delay the timing. But when I tried this live timing, the lap times and sectors were not updating.
It was fine for me but like I said, it's nothing special and not perfect but better than paying FOM. In an era where they should be doing ALL THEY CAN to bring the fans 'closer' to the sport, they're doing the exact opposite. Stupidity knows no bounds. FOM are a joke! #-o

MuseF1
MuseF1

In that case I might give it a try in Bahrain practice. I should clarify I didn't spend much time trying to get it to work as I also have F1LT program, and also that I went to the site not long after the race was underway which might have had an effect.

I agree with you about FOM. What's also stupid is that they've taken sector times from desktop users but there's not a premium we can pay if we want sector times on desktop.

Predator

Yeah, I'm a desktop only user (believe it or not, I don't own a smartphone!). Even if I did own one, I'd still prefer LT on a desktop. I did complain to FOM during the first session of the season, but as of yet, not heard from them (surprise, surprise). Maybe if enough fans complain they might do something, but I highly doubt it?! They're just after the revenue and couldn't care less about the fans. You can get full timing with sector times etc on Sky (red button) but they don't allow you to do split screen which kinda defeats the point! Highly frustrating.

P.S. even if you buy the app, it's full of bugs.

beelsebob
beelsebob

Predator wrote:Yeah, I'm a desktop only user (believe it or not, I don't own a smartphone!). Even if I did own one, I'd still prefer LT on a desktop. I did complain to FOM during the first session of the season, but as of yet, not heard from them (surprise, surprise). Maybe if enough fans complain they might do something, but I highly doubt it?! They're just after the revenue and couldn't care less about the fans. You can get full timing with sector times etc on Sky (red button) but they don't allow you to do split screen which kinda defeats the point! Highly frustrating.

P.S. even if you buy the app, it's full of bugs.
Watch one on Sky go, and the other on your TV, problem solved :)

Predator

beelsebob wrote: Watch one on Sky go, and the other on your TV, problem solved :)
Great idea. I'll try it this weekend. :mrgreen:

Juzh

Anyone else suddenly getting verification errors?

basti313
basti313

Yes. Update, run freedom again and it should work. If not delete the app. Delete its folder by hand. Install it again.
Don`t russel the hamster!

Juzh

basti313 wrote:Yes. Update, run freedom again and it should work. If not delete the app. Delete its folder by hand. Install it again.
Works again. tnx.