Teammate Battle 2014 Prediction

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
CHT
CHT

Teammate Battle 2014 Prediction

Who will end up ahead?

My prediction

Vettel / Ricciardo
Raikkonen / Alonso
Rosberg / Hamilton
Button / Magnussen
Bottas / Massa
Hulkenberg / Perez
Vergne / Kvyat
Grosjean / Maldonado
Sutil / Gutierrez
Ericsson / Kobayashi
Chilton / Bianchi

raymondu999

Re: Teammate Battle 2014 Prediction

Vettel
Alonso
Hamilton
Magnussen
Vergne
Grosjean
Sutil
Kobayashi
Bianchi
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

JimClarkFan

Vettel
Alonso
Hamilton
Button
Massa
Vergne
Grosjean
Sutil
Kobayashi
Bianchi

Only one I am not sure of is the Hamilton, today was as bad start, and 25 points for 0 is amount to make up especially when it looks as if your sister car is the only one you are likely to be racing all season. Still only race one down.
Last edited by JimClarkFan on 17 Mar 2014, 01:57, edited 1 time in total.

SectorOne

Vettel / Ricciardo
Raikkonen / Alonso
Rosberg / Hamilton
Button / Magnussen
Bottas / Massa
Hulkenberg / Perez
Vergne / Kvyat
Grosjean / Maldonado
Sutil / Gutierrez
Ericsson / Kobayashi
Chilton / Bianchi
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

HVS5b

Vettel
Alonso
Hamilton
Magnussen
Bottas
Hulkenburg
Kvyat
Grosjean
Sutil
Kobayashi
Bianchi

CHT
CHT

Massa's relationship with Bottas will be interesting to watch. Was really surprise with the team order today.

Emerson.F

Ham
Vet
Alo
But
Hul
Bot
Gro
Bia
Kob
Supporting: Ham/Alo/Kimi/Ros/Seb/Hulk/Ric/Mag

CHT
CHT

Massa vs Bottas will be interesting to watch. The hot south American vs the cool Scandinavian

Maelstrom

Vettel / Ricciardo
Raikkonen / Alonso
Rosberg / Hamilton
Button / Magnussen
Bottas / Massa
Hulkenberg / Perez
Vergne / Kvyat
Grosjean / Maldonado
Sutil / Gutierrez
Ericsson / Kobayashi
Chilton / Bianchi

Phil

JimClarkFan wrote:Only one I am not sure of is the Hamilton, today was as bad start, and 25 points for 0 is amount to make up especially when it looks as if your sister car is the only one you are likely to be racing all season. Still only race one down.
I've been thinking about this actually. Rosberg has shown a really consistent performance so far - to the point, I think he's slightly stronger in the current Mercedes. This is worrying, because with the Mercs being so dominant, every point will count, as it's likely going to be 25-0 (25 points deficit) or 25-18 (7 points deficit). The DNF in Australia is a huge blow for Lewis. While he has already closed the gap to 11 points, I have a feeling that another DNF (and with Lewis's luck, I think it might strike him again sooner) will see the gap again grow significantly. It also requires 4 wins in a row (assuming your teammate always scores the remaining points, which IMO is quite realistic) to make up for one DNF. With such a strong pairing between Lewis and Nico, I wouldn't be surprised to find that on some tracks, one will have the advantage over the other - so in the end, a few DNF could be WDC deciding.

Imagine the scenerio where one driver pulls a gap of two race wins and it might already shatter one drivers moral (8 straight wins to make up those points). The pressure will only get bigger as the season progresses.

I have a feeling here that Nico might pull through here - the 25-0 lead from the first race is already putting a lot of pressure on Hamilton. For the sake of spicing up the WDC a bit and not make it such a dominant battle between team-mates, I hope the others can close the gap a bit or that rain or other factors might neutralize the advantage a bit.

If I was to sum up both drivers, I would say Nico to be the more consistent one - but Lewis, slightly less, but at times, pulling out magic that makes him pull off things that are hard to replicate. This is going to be very close.
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

wininstyle

from what ive seen so far,lewis has the upperhand.every race nico and lewis has finished,lewis has come out on top,and he'd never won in bahrain and malaysia before.lewis is normally very strong at the next 4 tracks,and alot of the other european tracks after that aswell.the last time lewis won a race this early in the season,he won the championship.i think the only thing that can stop lewis is reliabilty,but nico could also suffer a dnf.
Last edited by wininstyle on 13 Apr 2014, 19:15, edited 1 time in total.

ringo

I think Nico is the one under pressure. Hamilton has always said that he rather chase than be chased.
And with the way how he's performing i don't think Nico can hold on for the whole season. As for his consistency, i don't really see him being more consistent than Hamilton. In fact i think he's less consistent when it comes to performing when it matters.

It's the same inconsistency why he hasn't beaten Hamilton with a tyre advantage and a 10 second gift.

I don't see him outperforming Lewis if there are no issues on both cars. Hamilton will be ahead before midseason.

The vettel and ricciardo battle. Daniel will unnerve vettel. He's not fearful of the politics of the team and this is his strength to ensure equal priority. He seems to be just as fast, maybe not as refined or experienced, but he has what it takes to capitalize on any vettel weakness.

Alonso is a clear winner in the ferrari camp. Kimi just showing his true colours is all. Quick driver when the car is right, or when he's comfortable. he's not one to wring the neck out of a slow car, and this was demonstrated throughout his career. Always had niggling issues be it a fin on the engine cover, the power steering, the setup etc. He wont survive the Alonso Onslaught.
For Sure!!

Racechick

My choices for this would be as follows
Ricciardo
Alonso
Hamilton
Magnussen
Bottas / massa( really struggling on this one)
hulk ( another difficult choice)
kyvat
Grosjean
kobyashi
Bianchi
On the Hamilton Rosberg duel, I think much has been written about Rosberg being the better thinker and Hamilton the faster driver. I think this is media rubbish and Hamilton has proved time and again that he can think a race. And Rosberg is fast! was faster than Hamilton in Bahrain...but Hamilton I believe has the better race craft and that will see him through. Two great drivers. Some super racing in store I think here.
And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you are no longer a racing driver...... Ayrton Senna

beelsebob

For me it's:
Ricciardo
Alonso
Hamilton
Button
Massa
Perez
Kvyat
Grosjean
Kobyashi
Bianchi

rayden

It seems Ricciardo has gained a lot of attention for his Bahrain performance.
It was good, but we are still only 3 races in and vettel has not has a trouble free weekend other than Malaysia.
Still, Ric seems to have that so called special 'something' that separates the special from the average but Vettel will be back to his monstrous self though once Rb get their ducks in a row.
What are the chances of Ferrari coming out of left field and stealing Ric from under RB's noses if Alonso trots off to Macca/honda? Ricciardo sounds a bit italian doesnt it? :lol:

Vettel
Alonso
Hamilton
Button
Massa
Hulkenberg
Vergne
Grosjean
Sutil
Kobayashi
Bianchi