Any questions for Ted Kravitz?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
waynes

Any questions for Ted Kravitz?

going on tonights F1 Show, stick your questions up for Ted and i'll try and ask if i get chance.

love Ted and his geekiness (but real passion)

:)

autogyro

Re: Any questions for Ted Kravitz?

Did RB ignore the FIA directive on fuel flow sensors to gain an unfair advantage over the other teams?
Did RB's sole reliance on flow calculations based on their fuel injector mapping give them 'extra' fuel, which allowed them to make up for the Renault engines lower power and lower tractability compared to the other power units?

simieski

More of a suggestion than a question for him... Bin Simon Lazenby's airtime, and use this extra time to extend Ted's Notebook!
Thank you to God for making me an Atheist - Ricky Gervais.

iotar__

Why are 2014 F1 cars so stiff (nothing like Lotus 2012-2013) tyres/engine probably but details.

krisfx

simieski wrote:More of a suggestion than a question for him... Bin Simon Lazenby's airtime, and use this extra time to extend Ted's Notebook!

This + removing Crofty = Bliss.

waynes

Didnt get to ask the "live" question but spoke to Ted and he said they clearly ignored it, that was based on their own figures. He said by ignoring it they then gained the advantage which has led to Dan finishing second

Graeme Lowdon - why no ferrari badge on the engine cover. "Its in the contract, Ferrari wouldnt let us have anything relating to Marranello on the car"

Ted - where do you get your shorts from? Gap, and somewhere called Express in america

Natalie "are you married? Much to the amusement of the mrs :D "yes i am"

Didnt ask Herbert anything.

astracrazy

the thing that caught my attention on this show (apart from Nat, :) ) was lowdon's reaction to being pushed by ted regarding the more race pace comment.

For those who didn't watch it, he mentioned he knows marussia have more race pace in the bag, ted pushed him to say why he knows know that. Was it coz they don't run on full power? Lowdon looked uncomfortable and said we turned it down a bit. Ted pushed more - what to get to the end? Coz the fia told you to? Lowden said no comment. Ted kept pushing for an answer. Lowdon eventually replied with "like all other teams we wanted to stay within the rules"

But his facial expressions after were that of someone who has just said something they really know they should not of said. it was to the point that when everyone laughed he gave out a ha then looked to the floor whilst everyone was laughing.

Maybe nothing, but why such the deal from Lowdon in saying it?

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/k3OJpNjLokby5D6dYxe - 24mins in

Clodbuster

I've often wondered why the rear spoiler is positioned behind the rear wheels of the cars?

I know it is for down force but the action around the fulcrum (the rear wheel) will cause the front wheels to lift which then requires more down force by the front wings to counteract that lifting effect.

I would have thought bringing it a few inches in FRONT of the rear wheels so the action is between the wheels rather than a few inches behind the rear wheels.

I'm sure there is a reason but would love to know.

PlatinumZealot

Ask him why he's doing such a horrible job this year.
I mean Sky team is just horrible this year! Ted is almost as bad as Krofty too, Just switch him with a vagrant off the street and you won't tell any difference in reporting quality.
πŸ–οΈβœŒοΈβ˜οΈπŸ‘€πŸ‘ŒβœοΈπŸŽπŸ†πŸ™

adrianjordan

Erm...how did this 2 year old thread get resurrected?
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! πŸ€¦πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ

McMrocks

i'm wondering why this thread is active too.
Clodbuster wrote:I've often wondered why the rear spoiler is positioned behind the rear wheels of the cars?

I know it is for down force but the action around the fulcrum (the rear wheel) will cause the front wheels to lift which then requires more down force by the front wings to counteract that lifting effect.

I would have thought bringing it a few inches in FRONT of the rear wheels so the action is between the wheels rather than a few inches behind the rear wheels.

I'm sure there is a reason but would love to know.
For F1 cars i'd say it is because of the rules. The rules say the Rearwing may start at the rear wheel centre line.
3.10 Bodywork behind the rear wheel centre line :
3.10.1 Other than the bodywork defined in Article 3.10.8, any bodywork behind a point lying 50mm forward of the rear wheel centre line which is more than 750mm above the reference plane, and less than 355mm from the car centre line, must lie in an area when viewed from the side of the car that is situated between the rear wheel centre line and a point 350mm behind it.

Please feel free to correct me if i quoted the wrong paragraph

ME4ME

PlatinumZealot wrote:Ask him why he's doing such a horrible job this year.
I mean Sky team is just horrible this year! Ted is almost as bad as Krofty too, Just switch him with a vagrant off the street and you won't tell any difference in reporting quality.
Agreed. Technically he has no clue what he's talking about. Sometimes he says this .. i'm like :wtf:

PlatinumZealot

ME4ME wrote:
PlatinumZealot wrote:Ask him why he's doing such a horrible job this year.
Agreed. Technically he has no clue what he's talking about. Sometimes he says this .. i'm like :wtf:
Last year he was just barely tolerable -just barely. I didn't even mind that he was inaccurate most of the time, I mean he was a little entertaining in his own way. But last race in Australia he was just all over the place - yip yapping on baseless rumors - yapping on unconfirmed tech then he was trying to be serious, then he was trying to be funny - he was chasing unwilling women through the garage - he was interrupting the race commentary too much, he was bullying Hanyranto, asking dumb questions, he was just an annoying mess.. I wanted to punch him through the TV!
πŸ–οΈβœŒοΈβ˜οΈπŸ‘€πŸ‘ŒβœοΈπŸŽπŸ†πŸ™

Clodbuster

adrianjordan wrote:Erm...how did this 2 year old thread get resurrected?
Sorry I was trying to find an answer and this thread came up - I did not look at the date thinking it was current..

Stuart Morgan

Italian Drivers?

Hi Ted can you please tell me why there are no Italian F1 drivers currently in our sport???
Regards Stuart Morgan