Essay Help Please

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
charleyporty
charleyporty

Essay Help Please

Hey guys, was wondering if anyone can help me. I am writing an essay for my Master's degree titled;

"From Drive to Hard-drive. Using IT to Develop Performance and Enhance Safety in Formula One".

I was wondering if there was someone out there who could help me either with some links to useful articles or potentially some inside info/interview or even reading through the essay once finished for basic F1 attention to detail. Any help would be really appreciated; charlesportwain at g mail dot com

N.B it is an elective module named "Business IT & Services" for a finance masters so the level of detail should be fairly detailed but not detailed enough that a non-mechanical engineer would have difficulty interpreting too much :)

Gridlock

Re: Essay Help Please

scottracing
scottracing

have a look on the dell website, and there inside F1 youtube channel as they detail alot about there relation to the teams

xxChrisxx
xxChrisxx

Isn't this all a bit arse about face?

Surely one reads up on a subject and decides the basic themes and structure of ones essay before rolling out the wordplay for an oh so clever title.

Tim.Wright

charleyporty wrote:Hey guys, was wondering if anyone can help me. I am writing an essay for my Master's degree titled;

"From Drive to Hard-drive. Using IT to Develop Performance and Enhance Safety in Formula One".

I was wondering if there was someone out there who could help me either with some links to useful articles or potentially some inside info/interview or even reading through the essay once finished for basic F1 attention to detail. Any help would be really appreciated; charlesportwain at g mail dot com

N.B it is an elective module named "Business IT & Services" for a finance masters so the level of detail should be fairly detailed but not detailed enough that a non-mechanical engineer would have difficulty interpreting too much :)
So you basically want the internet to do your lit review for you?

Good luck with that...
Not the engineer at Force India

Richard
Richard

We all started out needing a helping hand. Admittedly I'd hope a masters level student would have covered the basics first.....

There's a whole bunch of PR from the various IT and IS sponsors for each team explaining what they do. Your scope is probably too broad because it could cover anything from CFD, structural and dynamic analysis through to operations, strategy and telemetry. So ditch the catch all headline and focus on one topic.

If you're going to be strategic about your topic you'd be best to go for an area where there is good content instead of something that interests you but lacking content to get your teeth into. Also try to pick something that is related to your module. As an external tutor for a uni there is nothing more excruciating as a student taking an assignment in their own random direction and not staying on topic.

Something about the transaction economics of outsourcing (or not) would probably be best for that module. What IT services do these high tech teams choose to outsource versus keep in-house, and why? (RBV should make an appearance too because this is a knowledge based industry) How does an IT/IS partner help boost their performance? Being a hard nosed finance grad I hope you'll question how to measure performance, is it measured on track, balance sheet, share price, or enabling an investors exit strategy? What KPIs or metrics would you use to assess that?