Bernie Interview???HAHAHA

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Moxie
Moxie

Bernie Interview???HAHAHA

Will Buxton's interview with Bernie Eccelstone during free practice 2 was hilarious. What a bunch of rubbish. He is worried about selling tickets, and as a result is worried about engine noise. But he doesn't give a hoot about public perception of double points at the last race, or DRS...(insert your example of Eccelstone randomness here).

Mui
Mui

Re: Bernie Interview???HAHAHA

We must have watched different interviews then. Bernie said the engines sound was okay but needed more volume. He then said that articles saying that engine noise was bad was simply not true. His prior comment about how engine noise were bad was because the first time he heard them altogether was through the tele during the Australian GP and I think everyone that watched it through tele thought it was bad. It sounds better now at the Malaysian GP.

If I'm not mistaken the person worried about selling tickets was the organizer of the Singaporean GP, Ong Beng Seng, he said that because of the sound he's worried he might have to reduce the ticket fees. There was no mention of double points or DRS during the interview.

Moxie
Moxie

I did mot mean to imply that DRS and double points were mentioned in the Will Buxton (NBCSN) interview. I was making my own comment about how Mr.E often seems unconcerned about what the fans think., In this interview he mentions that the noise was louder than he expected but he was clearly concerned that the muted noise would have an effect on ticket sales.

Glyn
Glyn

Mui wrote:We must have watched different interviews then. Bernie said the engines sound was okay but needed more volume. He then said that articles saying that engine noise was bad was simply not true. His prior comment about how engine noise were bad was because the first time he heard them altogether was through the tele during the Australian GP and I think everyone that watched it through tele thought it was bad. It sounds better now at the Malaysian GP.

If I'm not mistaken the person worried about selling tickets was the organizer of the Singaporean GP, Ong Beng Seng, he said that because of the sound he's worried he might have to reduce the ticket fees. There was no mention of double points or DRS during the interview.
Was he not getting at Bernie not for the tickets.... but for the yearly contracts.

SilverArrow
SilverArrow

Mui wrote:We must have watched different interviews then. Bernie said the engines sound was okay but needed more volume. He then said that articles saying that engine noise was bad was simply not true. His prior comment about how engine noise were bad was because the first time he heard them altogether was through the tele during the Australian GP and I think everyone that watched it through tele thought it was bad. It sounds better now at the Malaysian GP.

Wasn't he invited to the Ferrari factory to hear the engines firsthand?

Gaz.
Gaz.

Glyn wrote:

Was he not getting at Bernie not for the tickets.... but for the yearly contracts.
He's got 50 million reasons to try and get the fee down, although the race sells out every year, 40% of the tickets are international sales and after their fees and expenses the F1 weekend nets them $70m (USD). When I saw the Kravitz interview I assumed OBS was joking about the fee but Bernie looked like it may actually be an issue with some promoters.
Forza Jules

Sulman
Sulman

Gaz. wrote:
Glyn wrote:

He's got 50 million reasons to try and get the fee down, although the race sells out every year, 40% of the tickets are international sales and after their fees and expenses the F1 weekend nets them $70m (USD). When I saw the Kravitz interview I assumed OBS was joking about the fee but Bernie looked like it may actually be an issue with some promoters.
It's overpriced, and it has been for years. Now, they have an excuse.