The totally unserious thread for alternative ERS

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Moxie

Re: The totally unserious thread for alternative ERS

Feed curry to the drivers the night before the race, and install a tube which runs from under the drivers seat to the combustion chamber...Now that is what I call FORCE INDIA.

****Please note that this humor is not intended to imply any racism. I mean no disrespect to the Indian people or their cuisine which I truly love. This is simply juvenile flatulent humor which makes reference to the unfortunate effects spicy food has upon my own body.****

Richard

Adding methane is an extra energy source so its not recovering anything from the car.

Also methane greenhouse potential is 72 times the potential for CO2.

xpensive

richard_leeds wrote:Adding methane is an extra energy source so its not recovering anything from the car.

Also methane greenhouse potential is 72 times the potential for CO2.
First of all esteemed moderator, the car is weighed with the driver, why the driver is indeed part of the car.

Secondly, if methane's greenhouse potential is "72", all the more reason to burn it in the ICE and turn it to CO2!
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

ebare

I would go for a simple solution: the sun (no, no, not talking about burning newspapers). Cars with solar collectors 6 meters wide, from the center line, heating water, used to propel a turbine, to propel a generator, to charge the ERS. To the races at night, as they are fully supported by local governments, those could rule the sunset a few hours late on the GP weekend. And the overtaking problem would be solved as well, with no overtake at all.

Richard

xpensive wrote:First of all esteemed moderator, the car is weighed with the driver, why the driver is indeed part of the car.

Secondly, if methane's greenhouse potential is "72", all the more reason to burn it in the ICE and turn it to CO2!
It'll fall foul of rule about the driver influencing the performance of the car, the one they introduced to ban the f-duct.

xpensive

richard_leeds wrote:
xpensive wrote:First of all esteemed moderator, the car is weighed with the driver, why the driver is indeed part of the car.

It'll fall foul of rule about the driver influencing the performance of the car, the one they introduced to ban the f-duct.
I doubt it, that rule was and is aimed at deliberate actions and movements by the driver, which letting-off gas is not.

Richard

The collection and combustion equipment demonstrates intent.

CBeck113

richard_leeds wrote:

If this gets through, then I want pedals and a chain driven front axle, in case the methane runs empty.
“Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony!” Monty Python and the Holy Grail

xpensive

richard_leeds wrote:The collection and combustion equipment demonstrates intent.
Demonstrates intent to save the planet by burning climate-lethal methane, guilty as charged.

I'm certain that the spannerm...I mean mr Whiting will see it my way.