2014 Qualifying Championship

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
SectorOne

Re: 2014 Qualifying Championship

Kingshark wrote:1. Rosberg - 225
2. Hamilton - 164
3. Ricciardo - 137
4. Vettel - 105
5. Bottas - 94
6. Alonso - 83
7. Felipe Massa - 74

Don't quite have the motivation to calculate the rest.

Wow, i mean i knew Rosberg would lead but never expected that much! :D
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

SiLo

I think if we calculate the percentage increase between qualifying and race points, Hamilton will be quite far in front.
Felipe Baby!

Tim.Wright

SiLo wrote:I think if we calculate the percentage increase between qualifying and race points, Hamilton will be quite far in front.
  • I think if we only count number of race finishes. Max Chilton would be quite far in front.
  • I think if we rank the drivers based on the integration of their roll angle through the whole season, Massa and Gutierrez would be quite far in front
  • I think if we rank the drivers based on the order that they enter the track in FP1 again Max Chilton would be quite far in front.
  • I think if we calculate the average helmet colour of each driver and represent it as an RGB vector then rank them based on the magnitude of that vector, Bottas will be quite far in front.
Not the engineer at Force India

SiLo

Tim.Wright wrote:
SiLo wrote:I think if we calculate the percentage increase between qualifying and race points, Hamilton will be quite far in front.
  • I think if we only count number of race finishes. Max Chilton would be quite far in front.
  • I think if we rank the drivers based on the integration of their roll angle through the whole season, Massa and Gutierrez would be quite far in front
  • I think if we rank the drivers based on the order that they enter the track in FP1 again Max Chilton would be quite far in front.
  • I think if we calculate the average helmet colour of each driver and represent it as an RGB vector then rank them based on the magnitude of that vector, Bottas will be quite far in front.
Ok, so I'll do the calculations for my suggestion and you can do yours?
Felipe Baby!

Mandrake

Of course he'll have a better percentage now. He's starting way behind quite often now thanks to mechanical issues, but gets back places in the race because he's sitting in a rocketship and even in Hungary where he would not have stood a chance competition takes themselves out and rain + SC get him on the podium.

What is interesting though is that when Bob did the maths the last time, Hamilton was comfortably leading, now it looks like championship is over already.

PlatinumZealot

Well most of it is due to two driver mistakes in Canada and England and horrible luck. That's how it goes still, what can I say but that we haven't had a Championship like this since the days of Senna and Prost? (Or HAM and ALO 2007?) lol
๐Ÿ–๏ธโœŒ๏ธโ˜๏ธ๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘Œโœ๏ธ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ™