The brainless who was the fastest driver over one lap thread

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
xpensive

The brainless who was the fastest driver over one lap thread

I think Ronnie of course but some say Philippe Alliot?
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

elFranZ

Re: The brainless who was the fastest driver over one lap th

Reading "brainless" and "fastest" in the same sentence reminded me the name "Gilles".

ackzsel

I would nominate Juan "Pole" Montoya.

His qualifying speed could of course have something to do with the BMW engine but that's never been different in F1. His temperament could sometimes fit him into the "brainless" category quite nicely : )

LionKing

ackzsel wrote:I would nominate Juan "Pole" Montoya.

His qualifying speed could of course have something to do with the BMW engine but that's never been different in F1. His temperament could sometimes fit him into the "brainless" category quite nicely : )
In qualifying head to head Montoya even lost to Ralf over 4 years at Williams. And at McLaren Kimi beat him quite in 2005 and 2006.

xpensive

Gerhard Berger in a 1300 Hp Benetton-BMW;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9t4yfHfTfDs

FoxHound

Not quite "Brainless", but you have to question the man's marbles when you have a trackside tracheotomy(the in thing in the mid 90s) performed by Dr Watkins, only to return to do stuff like this....

1m 46 seconds in he literally just boots the pedal and hangs on for dear life....and bags pole!
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50TBjsEyVKY[/youtube]
JET set

xpensive

With that High pitched Finnish commentary, hyvvää indeed, you made my day Fox, dez pontos!

FoxHound

xpensive wrote:With that High pitched Finnish commentary, hyvvää indeed, you made my day Fox, dez pontos!

Obrigado!

I'll need to brush up on my Finnish, but any language can understand that unbridled joy.
JET set

mnmracer

I don't think brainless has anything to do with speed. Look at the top qualifiers in history, it's a pretty equal distribution between thinkers and 'brainless'.

xpensive

The brainless thread obviously, glad that some can read the Queen's English and appreciate that.

GitanesBlondes

Brainless and fastest combined would certainly bring Lewis Hamilton into the discussion, no?
"I don't want to make friends with anybody. I don't give a sh*t for fame. I just want to win." -Nelson Piquet

xpensive

GitanesBlondes wrote:Brainless and fastest combined would certainly bring Lewis Hamilton into the discussion, no?
That was a bad one GB, but would perhaps bring this driver to memory;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoMn51lt14g

GitanesBlondes

xpensive wrote:
GitanesBlondes wrote:Brainless and fastest combined would certainly bring Lewis Hamilton into the discussion, no?
That was a bad one GB, but would perhaps bring this driver to memory;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoMn51lt14g
Yeah actually good point, Hamilton has shown he can race quite well without doing "brainless" things.

Maldonado would definitely take the cake...though the fastest thing is debatable since he only showed it for a small window of time in 2012. I don't think anyone would debate how brainless he is, especially in light of today's race.
"I don't want to make friends with anybody. I don't give a sh*t for fame. I just want to win." -Nelson Piquet

Powershift

actually no, but it does bring you into the brainless discussion, as usual
Winning is the most important. Everything is consequence of that. Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.-Ayrton Senna

mertol

FoxHound wrote:Not quite "Brainless", but you have to question the man's marbles when you have a trackside tracheotomy(the in thing in the mid 90s) performed by Dr Watkins, only to return to do stuff like this....

1m 46 seconds in he literally just boots the pedal and hangs on for dear life....and bags pole!
Being mad is not the same as brainless. I can't think of a driver dumber than Grosjean and Maldonado too bad they lack the "fastest" part of the criteria.