2014...the year of the non champion ?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Manoah2u
Manoah2u

Re: 2014...the year of the non champion ?

ok, agreed about the massa part.

I concidered it bad luck because massa crossed the line thinking he was champion but the last corner Hamilton passed to have enough points ahead. so, that's why i classified it as 'bad luck'. in the end, the fact is i dont think it's about luck at all, it's competition, that's it.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

lebesset
lebesset

Manoah2u wrote:ok, agreed about the massa part.

I concidered it bad luck because massa crossed the line thinking he was champion but the last corner Hamilton passed to have enough points ahead. so, that's why i classified it as 'bad luck'. in the end, the fact is i dont think it's about luck at all, it's competition, that's it.
well , maybe massa had good luck after all , I've never thought I was a world champion even for a moment , it must be a great feeling
and it gave him a chance to show what a great character he has ...I can't believe anyone missed such a gracious reaction ,I'll always remember that

I referred in my original post to stirling moss , according to fangio the finest driver of his generation ; when his leading rival for the championship got banned from a race stirling lobbied for the decision to be overturned because he thought it was wrong , succeeded , so that he never became world champion
to the optimist a glass is half full ; to the pessimist a glass is half empty ; to the F1 engineer the glass is twice as big as it needs to be

PlatinumZealot

If one of the Merc Drivers want to be Champion Before AbuDhabi.....

Assuming the merc drivers finish 1-2 the whole season leading up to the last race, if Hamilton is to be in front he has to have 10 more wins than Nico to be the default winner by Abu-dhabi!
(50 points + 11 points )/7 points difference per win to second = 9 wins additional to his current win difference to Nico.. Plus one additional win difference which Hamilton already has.

On the other side of it, Nico has to have only five more wins than Hamilton to be all clear.

In other words, Nico has to win six more races than Hamilton in the upcoming races before abu dahbi. (51 points -11 points) / 7 points difference per win to second = 6 wins additional to his current tally minus one less win which Nico lacks to Hamilton.

With fifteen races remaining, Hamilton MUST beat Nico in thirteen races from Now If he wants to be champion before Abu Dhabi under conditions of Mercedes finishing 1-2 every race.
πŸ–οΈβœŒοΈβ˜οΈπŸ‘€πŸ‘ŒβœοΈπŸŽπŸ†πŸ™

lebesset
lebesset

haven't checked your arithmetic [ if hamilton is 50 points behind and has won 2 more races that's enough , isn't it ? ]
but that sounds remarkably like the law of unintended consequences to me
this ought to be stopped right now !
to the optimist a glass is half full ; to the pessimist a glass is half empty ; to the F1 engineer the glass is twice as big as it needs to be