Haas - American team in F1

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
giantfan10

Re: Haas - American team in F1

WilliamsF1 wrote:
giantfan10 wrote:
SteveRacer wrote:During the practice session yesterday there was an interview with Haas about the second driver. They had asked him why there was no announcement yet and he responded that it is no secret his second driver will be one of the current Ferrari reserve drivers. I find that a little disappointing as there are better choices out there.
Disapointing why?...you think Ferrari dont expect "repayment" for all the help they are giving Haas raceing?.. look at mercedes and manor for 2016.. i do recall a mercedes development driver being mentioned for a drive with Manor IIRC

Neither Esteban Gutiérrez not Jean Eric Vergne are Ferrari F1 prospects
Esteban is the Ferrari test driver currently ....or third driver or whatever its called

Jonnycraig

WilliamsF1 wrote:
giantfan10 wrote:
SteveRacer wrote:During the practice session yesterday there was an interview with Haas about the second driver. They had asked him why there was no announcement yet and he responded that it is no secret his second driver will be one of the current Ferrari reserve drivers. I find that a little disappointing as there are better choices out there.
Disapointing why?...you think Ferrari dont expect "repayment" for all the help they are giving Haas raceing?.. look at mercedes and manor for 2016.. i do recall a mercedes development driver being mentioned for a drive with Manor IIRC

Neither Esteban Gutiérrez not Jean Eric Vergne are Ferrari F1 prospects
Ferrari don't have any F1 prospects. Marciello isn't good enough, and Fuoco is nowhere near ready enough. Gutierrez brings cash, strong business links and visibility in a growing super car market.

giantfan10

Esteban is currently a Ferrari driver ...he came from the other Ferrari test mule. Sauber

Jonnycraig

giantfan10 wrote:Esteban is currently a Ferrari driver ...he came from the other Ferrari test mule. Sauber
Come on now, that's a bit of a stretch. Sauber ditched him and he paid a hefty sum in cash and contacts to join Ferrari as a reserve..

giantfan10

Jonnycraig wrote:
giantfan10 wrote:Esteban is currently a Ferrari driver ...he came from the other Ferrari test mule. Sauber
Come on now, that's a bit of a stretch. Sauber ditched him and he paid a hefty sum in cash and contacts to join Ferrari as a reserve..
And im betting that Ferrari wanted him in the Haas car......but who knows.... not a big deal really

Spoutnik

I think Haas will go for a "secure" pair of driver. A good experienced driver in number one (Grosjean) and a random drivers who bring some money (Guti)

strad

It will be Gutiérrez. :wink:
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

Jonnycraig

Gutierrez finally confirmed.

nevill3

Jonnycraig wrote:Gutierrez finally confirmed.
Do you have a source for this, I thought the official announcement was to be at 12.30 pm GMT on Saturday
Sent from my Commodore PET in 1978

Jonnycraig

nevill3 wrote:
Jonnycraig wrote:Gutierrez finally confirmed.
Do you have a source for this, I thought the official announcement was to be at 12.30 pm GMT on Saturday
“Next year I will race with Haas and I am very happy about it,” he declared in Spanish at a sponsor event ahead of the Mexican Grand Prix

“It is a new adventure for me and I will make the most of what I have learned at Ferrari,” the 24-year-old added.

http://www.grandprix247.com/2015/10/30/ ... next-year/

SectorOne

"I think our chassis is going to be substantially different in construction from the Ferrari one, because we're just doing it separately. We think our chassis in some ways will be better than a Ferrari chassis because we're using some more…I won't say state of the art but we're taking a different approach than Ferrari is and we think it's probably a better design.

http://gptoday.com/full_story/view/5457 ... n_Ferrari/

Big words.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

turbof1

Arrogance you mean. They'll get to know what kind of a challenge F1 really is next year.
#AeroFrodo

Racer X

Spoutnik wrote:I think Haas will go for a "secure" pair of driver. A good experienced driver in number one (Grosjean) and a random drivers who bring some money (Guti)

I think we always agreed this would happen it could have been Rossi or who ever but I think we all could see them getting one good driver and one pay driver.
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

sgth0mas

turbof1 wrote:Arrogance you mean. They'll get to know what kind of a challenge F1 really is next year.
Yep...havent even hit the track yet. At first i cringed reading that and thought to myself...if its that innovative against an entire field of experienced F1 teams, then it wont be reliable.

BUT....i remembered Haas is only doing F1 for world wide marketing. No publicity is bad publicity right? Just ask BP!

PlatinumZealot

The Haas chassis will be an "extreme" design.. Dallara will use "better" - read newer - technologies in it but that doesn't mean it will be competitive. His overconfidence is a good sign though.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏