Haas - American team in F1

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
pob

Re: Haas - American team in F1

It was Marussia who had a partnership with McLaren this year.

Skippon

FIF1 use the Mercedes Gearbox

PlatinumZealot

Skippon wrote:FIF1 use the Mercedes Gearbox
And they use some of Mclaren's Infrastructure back at MTC as well last I heard. Windtunnel I think. They borrowed a Sergio Perez from Mcalaren too. ahaa
πŸ–οΈβœŒοΈβ˜οΈπŸ‘€πŸ‘ŒβœοΈπŸŽπŸ†πŸ™

Manoah2u

PlatinumZealot wrote:
Skippon wrote:FIF1 use the Mercedes Gearbox
And they use some of Mclaren's Infrastructure back at MTC as well last I heard. Windtunnel I think. They borrowed a Sergio Perez from Mcalaren too. ahaa
:mrgreen: It's funny though, Mclaren wanted to house Magnussen in 2014 somewhere and shook hands with a team principal for it, but then it didn't come through and Mclaren had to ditch Perez to house Magnussen. Force India then happily took Perez.
Force India must have laughed their *sses off, since Force India is the 'main' 'buddy' of Mclaren, and they didn't want Magnussen, they must really have thought bad off Kevin. They took in Perez with a huge smile and he did a good job for them.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Racer X

They did borrow a Sergio Perez from McLaren but I taught Force India used their own Tunnel. But when does their technica partnership end?
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

strad

FIF1 ??? WHO is FIF1
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

aleks_ader

strad wrote:FIF1 ??? WHO is FIF1
Obviously Force India F1 team. :D
Last edited by aleks_ader on 16 Dec 2014, 23:27, edited 1 time in total.
"And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver..." Ayrton Senna

Facts Only

strad wrote:FIF1 ??? WHO is FIF1
FIF1
Force India Formula 1
Pronounced "Fee-Fee"
"A pretentious quote taken out of context to make me look deep" - Some old racing driver

PlatinumZealot

Racer X wrote:They did borrow a Sergio Perez from McLaren but I taught Force India used their own Tunnel. But when does their technica partnership end?
Yes you indeed are right. They have their own tunnel. Some reports say the Partnerhip in Mcalaren ended after 2012, others say 2013: http://formulaspy.com/features/bens-blo ... claren-645.. but yeah the technical deal is definietly dead after 2013 for sure..

As for the driver deals with force india.. here is good documentation on the Force India squabble with Mclaren over Vandoorne and KMAG... quite entertaining...

http://www.thenational.ae/sport/formula ... -f1-driver
πŸ–οΈβœŒοΈβ˜οΈπŸ‘€πŸ‘ŒβœοΈπŸŽπŸ†πŸ™

Chuckjr

Sorry for the noob questions.

How much experience does Dallara really have in F1? Do they have any specialty departments which have participated in F1 pre 2015?

Do I understand correctly that basically the entire car is a Ferrari but Dallara will provide all bodywork? Would this include the actual packaging of the internals like power, radiators, exhaust, electronics, etc or does Dallara shape these internal packaging options as a part of their forming the aero package? Or, are all internals dictated by Ferrari and Dallara simply slips the skin on?
Watching F1 since 1986.

FW17

Haas should sign up Pat Fry or Nickolas Tombazis or both

xpensive

WilliamsF1 wrote:Haas should sign up Pat Fry or Nickolas Tombazis or both
You still believe Gene Haas is serious about this? :wink:
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

FW17

^

I have my doubts whenever he goes out and says that he is waiting for Ferrari to hand them the cars without a skin (which i am quiet sure is not going to happen)

astracrazy

Chuckjr wrote:Sorry for the noob questions.

How much experience does Dallara really have in F1? Do they have any specialty departments which have participated in F1 pre 2015?
**cough** http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hispania_F110 **cough**

although we must remember, they can only build a car to the price you are willing to pay - you get what you pay for

in all seriousness they have some experience, but not recent (excluding 2010). They also make GP2 cars, GP3, World Series by Renault and Indy. So in terms of open wheel cars they have a lot
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dallara

FW17

astracrazy wrote:
Chuckjr wrote:Sorry for the noob questions.

**cough** http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hispania_F110 **cough**

although we must remember, they can only build a car to the price you are willing to pay - you get what you pay for

in all seriousness they have some experience, but not recent (excluding 2010). They also make GP2 cars, GP3, World Series by Renault and Indy. So in terms of open wheel cars they have a lot
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dallara
They have no relevant f1 experience, price has nothing to do with it.