Haas - American team in F1

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
strad

Re: Haas - American team in F1

I think NBC Sports (separate cable sports channel, not NBC proper) does air all the races live, but in addition to the announcers being sub-par, you have to deal with commercial breaks during the race. It's just awful.
Big plus one on that
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

aleks_ader

More confirmations of Dalara involvement:

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/dalla ... 6-haas-car
"And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver..." Ayrton Senna

Manoah2u

aleks_ader wrote:More confirmations of Dalara involvement:

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/dalla ... 6-haas-car
Haas has commissioned work on the testing of a wind tunnel model.
Read: Haas starts testing the 2015 Marussia windtunnel model.

This information will be shared with Dallara. Who in the end will have a 2016 Chassis.
So in the end, you'll have sort of a 2016 Marussia car in the form of a 2016 Haas F1 car :mrgreen: .
Which probably will be a bit like the issues i believe Lotus Team [Caterham] ran into when they were
adressed for if i'm correct running a 'stolen' force india design, amirite?

Allthough offcourse Haas has not stolen anything. [well except from the taxes before but he 'paid' his dues ]
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Hobbs04

Not trying to turn this into nbc sucks in America but did anyone see Hamilton on "men in blazers" last week? I think a motorsports show with same format would make f1 more down to earth in the states.

Back to Haas , considering Rossi was part of Marussia before the fall, could he be a third driver "poster boy" for Haas in the media? I think Ferrari hiring Vergne and Gutierrez takes any chance at a drive away.

cossie

So dissapointed that hass is going with Dallara, would have been better if he designed the car themselves or used Panoz or Swift. On the driver side there is really no one in Indy car that has a decent resume that are not up in age. Marco Andretti and Graham Rahole have'nt done anything to disserve an F1 seat

FW17

cossie wrote:So dissapointed that hass is going with Dallara, would have been better if he designed the car themselves or used Panoz or Swift. On the driver side there is really no one in Indy car that has a decent resume that are not up in age. Marco Andretti and Graham Rahole have'nt done anything to disserve an F1 seat

He should get Ryan Hunter-Reay from Andretti Autosport; as Lotterer proved experienced drivers do well.

Manoah2u

i would LOVE to hear Panoz doing a F1 chassis, that would be awesome indeed =D>

I'm biased on dallara. The HRT car was a disaster, despite i've read too that was more due to the budget given and the non-payments.

USF1 did a real chassis themselves, which was interesting imho. Always wondered how well that would have fared if they actually really would have set through with the outfit.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Jonnycraig

WilliamsF1 wrote:
cossie wrote:So dissapointed that hass is going with Dallara, would have been better if he designed the car themselves or used Panoz or Swift. On the driver side there is really no one in Indy car that has a decent resume that are not up in age. Marco Andretti and Graham Rahole have'nt done anything to disserve an F1 seat

He should get Ryan Hunter-Reay from Andretti Autosport; as Lotterer proved experienced drivers do well.
Alex Rossi will be one of the Haas drivers, most likely alongside Marciello, depending on how he goes in GP2 this year.

Rossi was lined up for a 2015 Marussia seat but is now being funded for an Indycar season to keep him racing.

Would also like to see Hunter-Reay given a chance though, he's a very decent driver indeed.

cossie

Rossi racing in Indycar will not help him same with Vergne. I was really hoping Haas would do this right but alas I see a train wreak coming. Just remember one of his NASCAR drivers Busch says his ex girl friend is an assassin

FW17

Will Rossi be eligible for a super licence?

Jonnycraig

WilliamsF1 wrote:Will Rossi be eligible for a super licence?
He already has one.

FW17

Jonnycraig wrote:
He already has one.
Not for 2016

Jonnycraig

WilliamsF1 wrote:
Jonnycraig wrote:
He already has one.
Not for 2016
The new rules only apply to future applicants. Rossi already has a valid superlicence so would not be subject to them.

strad

Just remember one of his NASCAR drivers Busch says his ex girl friend is an assassin
What in the world does that have to do with anything.
And you do realize that Senna was considering CART and had a blast testing a Penske car.
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

Richard

cossie wrote:Rossi racing in Indycar will not help him same with Vergne. I was really hoping Haas would do this right but alas I see a train wreak coming. Just remember one of his NASCAR drivers Busch says his ex girl friend is an assassin
Vergne has F1 experience, and he's got a daring driving style that'll grab attention for a new team. I think he'll be fun in that role.

The assassin comment is plain weird but it was amusing to read the stories. However it's as relevant as saying Robert Mugabe likes strawberry jam.

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2015/j ... l-assassin
http://edition.cnn.com/2015/01/14/justi ... -assassin/