Haas - American team in F1

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
bdr529

Re: Haas - American team in F1

Right on cue, thanks WilliamsF1

I'm surprised that no one has noticed there already is a CNC manufactor using top flight motorsports to promote their business

Richard

You've mentioned that twice. Who is it?

aleks_ader

bdr529 wrote:
Right on cue, thanks WilliamsF1

I'm surprised that no one has noticed there already is a CNC manufactor using top flight motorsports to promote their business
Probably he thinks DMG Mori witch is sponsor for Porsche in WEC.
"And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver..." Ayrton Senna

bdr529

Yes that's correct

PlatinumZealot

Mori Seiki sponsored Mclaren for some years IIRC..
But this is different to the publicity Haas will get. In fact, just by merely announcing that he is building a new team alone gives him tonnes of publicity.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Manoah2u

PlatinumZealot wrote:Mori Seiki sponsored Mclaren for some years IIRC..
But this is different to the publicity Haas will get. In fact, just by merely announcing that he is building a new team alone gives him tonnes of publicity.
yep, i'm still waiting to see more than just an easy webpage and easy pictures.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

bdr529

PlatinumZealot wrote:Mori Seiki sponsored Mclaren for some years IIRC..
But this is different to the publicity Haas will get.

You'll have to let me know what difference you think there are ?
Personally I don't see a difference, other then Haas owns his team and DMG is a technical partner/sponsor to Porsche, they both have equal goals, to advance their technology and promote their business, and are using a motorsports platform to achieve this, Haas and DMG will do the same things, picture of race car in sales literature, race car on display at trade shows, they'll both wine and dine clients and potential customers at the race track and Porsche and Haas will speak about how they couldn't have the success they have with out using that companies machines
Will a potential customer be persuaded in favour of Haas because F1 is more popular then endurance racing ? I can't say No for sure, but partnering with Porsche can't hurt
I'd be interested in the difference between Haas/DMG and their competitors that aren't involved in motorsports
PlatinumZealot wrote: In fact, just by merely announcing that he is building a new team alone gives him tonnes of publicity.
I don't know how to quantify "tonnes of publicity" :D But you are right he would have generated publicity by just announcing that he is starting a new team, The fact that he's paid for this advertisement shows that the initial boost he got in publicity is over, and now they're using this sales promotion to convert those numbers into sales, and to start building some brand awareness between Haas and F1, the use of a "generic" F1 car in the ad clearly shows that their not going to wait around for their own car before they make that connection

matt21

The first key persons are known now apart from Rob Taylor:

Team manager: Dave O´Neill (ex-Jordan,ex-Marussia)
Head of Aero: Ben Agathangelou (ex-Ferrari)

FrukostScones

matt21 wrote:The first key persons are known now apart from Rob Taylor:

Team manager: Dave O´Neill (ex-Jordan,ex-Marussia)
Head of Aero: Ben Agathangelou (ex-Ferrari)

https://translate.google.de/translate?s ... rl&act=url

they should re-name as Dino-Haas

but should not do this proposed windtunnel "cheating": https://translate.google.de/translate?s ... rl&act=url
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

Gatecrasher

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/haas- ... =og.shares

Haas said Agathangelou and Taylor have already designed a 60 per cent scale model.

I did not think they had been with the team for that long. I assume this is only a first pass CAD model that meets the regs to build on from.

donskar

Like it or not, Haas is signing up some tech personnel with F1 pedigrees.
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill

mkable1370

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/view/ ... p_at_Haas/

Sounds like the Haas F1 team has a VERY tight relationship with Ferrari. Article says their 2016 car 60% scale wind tunnel model is based on this year's Ferrari and that all wind tunnel testing will be done in the Maranello wind tunnel. Sounds a lot like a Ferrari B team in the works there.

scuderiafan

mkable1370 wrote:http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/view/ ... p_at_Haas/

Sounds like the Haas F1 team has a VERY tight relationship with Ferrari. Article says their 2016 car 60% scale wind tunnel model is based on this year's Ferrari and that all wind tunnel testing will be done in the Maranello wind tunnel. Sounds a lot like a Ferrari B team in the works there.
I wonder how this will affect new teams entering the championship. If Haas is building a very close relationship with Ferrari, might a new team do the same with McLaren or Williams or such? Thinking as I'm typing, we could see a grid of F1 cars where half are de facto customer cars.
"You're so angry that you throw your gloves down, and the worst part is; you have to pick them up again." - Steve Matchett

Patiently waiting...

Manoah2u

scuderiafan wrote:
mkable1370 wrote:http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/view/ ... p_at_Haas/

I wonder how this will affect new teams entering the championship. If Haas is building a very close relationship with Ferrari, might a new team do the same with McLaren or Williams or such? Thinking as I'm typing, we could see a grid of F1 cars where half are de facto customer cars.
i think teams like manor and sauber, perhaps force india too, are doing all they can to survive until 2016 so they can make use of this possibility. If haas can aquire a tech partnership with ferrari, why couldnt' other small teams not do the same with mercedes, mclaren, redbull, etc?
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

PlatinumZealot

Haas' new Chief Designer is Rob Taylor. A Marussia signing.
He seems to have a long history in Formula 1. He used to work at Ferrari and he was also the Chief Designer of some of the Jaguar Cars.

http://www.crash.net/f1/news/47815/1/qa ... acing.html
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏