Haas - American team in F1

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
sgth0mas

Re: Haas - American team in F1

thats just a small hurdle...especially when the heavyweights on the business side wants her in. Youre forgetting that money runs this sport.

Danica has competed in indy, so she will have points there. But none of that matters when she can also be voted in.

This isnt the olympics where you have to qualify to make the finals, this is F1 where you have to provide value to sponsors.

Manoah2u

sgth0mas wrote:thats just a small hurdle...especially when the heavyweights on the business side wants her in. Youre forgetting that money runs this sport.

Danica has competed in indy, so she will have points there. But none of that matters when she can also be voted in.

This isnt the olympics where you have to qualify to make the finals, this is F1 where you have to provide value to sponsors.
small hurdle :lol:

can't get a superlicense,
too old to mean something,
zero european formula experience
zero european promotion interest/marketability
oh and don't forget; lack of talent

and for Danica herself

/kill racing career by being slow as f*** in F1 and get replaced after 6 races.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

sgth0mas

its ok to disagree...but the superlicense is not what will prevent this from happening.

Shes already at the end of a career...theres nothing to lose.

You do realize half the seats in F1 are purchased correct...

Moose

sgth0mas wrote:its ok to disagree...but the superlicense is not what will prevent this from happening.

You do realise that the rules surrounding getting a superlicense changed this year from "you need to be kinda seen to be good enough by the general consensus of people in the know" to "you need to place in specific spots in feeder serieses to accumulate enough points for a license". Danica Patric will not be able to get one.

sgth0mas

But to add to that, i dont think she will be in F1. My main comments are around the fact that its not the end of the road for her.

sgth0mas

Moose wrote:
sgth0mas wrote:its ok to disagree...but the superlicense is not what will prevent this from happening.

You do realise that the rules surrounding getting a superlicense changed this year from "you need to be kinda seen to be good enough by the general consensus of people in the know" to "you need to place in specific spots in feeder serieses to accumulate enough points for a license". Danica Patric will not be able to get one.
regardless of any feeder, a driver can be voted in.

sauber signed 4 drivers, manor is still allowed to race and viewership is eroding alongside historic races...anything can happen wolith this sport.

Again, i dont think she'll be there, but it isnt the superlicense stoping her.

countersteer

Danica won't move to F1 full time for many reasons, most already covered.... age and experience primarily. I could see her doing a demo run at COTA in the same way that Sarah Fisher did a demo run at the USGP at Indy in a McLaren but only if she stays with Stewart Haas. Consider it a done deal if GoDaddy goes to F1 with Haas given that they will continue to have Danica under contract.

Those that claim she's at the "end of her career" obviously don't understand NASCAR. She may not be back at Stewart Haas but she's not leaving Sprint Cup. Robin Miller tabbed her for a move to Roush Fenway next year.

Manoah2u

we're talking F1 here, not Nascar/Indy whateer.
30+ in F1 is the tail end of your F1 career. simple as that, even if you're a champ.
after F1, there's still a long career in other series, like WEC, DTM, LeMans, and a short stint with GPE.
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins

sgth0mas

No, the original comment actually said that godaddy leaving nascar was the end of the road for danica, and wasnt anything related to F1.

Thats why i said this is far from the end of the road for her.

Jonnycraig

In fairness there is a very, very good reason Patrick won't be signing for Haas, which is that Rossi & Gutierrez will be their drivers.

sgth0mas

Jonnycraig wrote:In fairness there is a very, very good reason Patrick won't be signing for Haas, which is that Rossi & Gutierrez will be their drivers.
I actually really like that lineup, and it should help the USGP stay full with an American and a Mexican.

Manoah2u

sgth0mas wrote:
Manoah2u wrote:we're talking F1 here, not Nascar/Indy whatever.
No, the original comment actually said that godaddy leaving nascar was the end of the road for danica, and wasnt anything related to F1.

Thats why i said this is far from the end of the road for her.
memory must be short

original quote
SteveRacer wrote: I had read that Go Daddy was pulling out of Nascar next year. I expect this to be the end of the road for Danica as well.
then your response
sgth0mas wrote: I dont see danica at the end of the road. She brings too much interest And shes not bad enough. Maybe she moves to a different series...but she still got a few years in motor racing.

If she wants in F1...she will be there. Whether she can hack it or not.
sgth0mas wrote:The reason Danica isnt in F1 is because she doesnt want the travel. this sport is dominated by money and marketing...if Danica decides she will commit, shes in.
regarding Danica having years to go in other (US-spec) series, yes, no doubt.
F1? no chance.

Manoah2u

sgth0mas wrote:
Jonnycraig wrote:In fairness there is a very, very good reason Patrick won't be signing for Haas, which is that Rossi & Gutierrez will be their drivers.
I actually really like that lineup, and it should help the USGP stay full with an American and a Mexican.
I'm rather expecting Vergne & Guiterrez with Rossi doing fridays & USGP in place of Vergne, to promote into
Guiterrez-Rossi in 2017 with Vergne having to get sidelined yet again.

sgth0mas

Did you conveniently miss the whole "shes got a few more years in motor racing" part?

The only other explanation is the inability to comprehend what you read.

pick your poison but i have no interest in thi back and forth with you. Were not going to agree, and thats it.

Chase3009

I hope nobody seriously thinks Danica Patrick is up for a Haas ride. That's laughable. She hasn't been successful at any level of motorsport she has competed in (one win in Indy does not equal competitive). She is now setting in what is one of the premiere NASCAR teams. Their cars are a threat to win week in and week out. And where is Danica? Nowhere.

I'm thinking the Go Daddy sponsorship is a shoe in for Haas at this point. I can see Danica being paraded around as a Go Daddy rep and possibly setting in the car for a filming day somewhere. But an actual race seat….out of the question.

Vergne and Guitierez would make an interesting pair. I'm pretty certain that Haas would want an American driver sooner than later but there is real value in having some experience behind the wheel for the first year. Plus Guitierez brings money to the table which is never a bad thing.